Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Team Colored Tracers/Grenades

Got a great new idea for the game?

Team Colored Tracers/Grenades

Postby tunaspirit » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Ya, I'm kinda tired of running out of my cover when some teammate throws a nade on the floor and I think "OH SHIT GET DOWN" and I get shot while running away. If it had my teams color I would think "Just some idiot/griefer spamming nades again."

It's also useful when somebody is spraying with his SMG "Should I take cover for it? Or can I simply walk out?"
The tracers should also be colored on the minimap. Grenades don't have to be shown on the minimap. It'd ruin the element of surprise. This would mean the voxels with the teamcolors on it have to be made black. But safety first, children!

P.S. I saw colored tracers being used in Operation Flashpoint, U.S. Army probably does this too.
P.P.S. Disable grenade damage on blocks put by your team. So you can teamkill griefers.
[18:33] <+boolface> hey guys imma releqase 0.76 now
[18:34] <+Ethoslab> TheGrandmaster hey do you have any idea when updates gona come
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> now
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> as boolface told us
tunaspirit

Re: Team Colored Tracers/Grenades

Postby Gorman » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:32 pm

tunaspirit wrote:Ya, I'm kinda tired of running out of my cover when some teammate throws a nade on the floor and I think "OH SHIT GET DOWN" and I get shot while running away. If it had my teams color I would think "Just some idiot/griefer spamming nades again."

It's also useful when somebody is spraying with his SMG "Should I take cover for it? Or can I simply walk out?"
The tracers should also be colored on the minimap. Grenades don't have to be shown on the minimap. It'd ruin the element of surprise. This would mean the voxels with the teamcolors on it have to be made black. But safety first, children!

P.S. I saw colored tracers being used in Operation Flashpoint, U.S. Army probably does this too.
P.P.S. Disable grenade damage on blocks put by your team. So you can teamkill griefers.

coloured tracers is totally not necessary. If they are coming from a friendly player then it is usually safe to say they are friendly.

coloured grenades would look kind of absurd and the same logic applies, but I wouldn't be 100% against putting colours on grenades. Although right now I don't see it as necessary.

No to preventing friendly blocks from being destroyed by grenades, that's just silly. Griefers gonna grief, just wait for admin.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Build » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:15 am

Polish. Good enough of an Idea though.

Gorman wrote:No to preventing friendly blocks from being destroyed by grenades, that's just silly. Griefers gonna grief, just wait for admin.

How so? It seems like a plausible way to reduce griefing to me. Unless said griefers are making giant dicks again.
... I was gone for a month and came back to a game that hadn't changed a bit.
Build

Postby Gorman » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:51 am

Build wrote:Polish. Good enough of an Idea though.

Gorman wrote:No to preventing friendly blocks from being destroyed by grenades, that's just silly. Griefers gonna grief, just wait for admin.

How so? It seems like a plausible way to reduce griefing to me. Unless said griefers are making giant dicks again.

A plausible way to reduce griefers yes, but imagine how bad this would be for legit players.

If your team is pushing hard and your team is building lots of bunkers and such forward, and then the enemy pushes back you won't be able to destroy their cover with grenades!

Blocks you place are only 'yours' in the instant you place them, after that they are a part of the map.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Build » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:46 am

Hmm... how about a block timer then? or a proximity guard? block = ally block if ally block placer is x distance from block. Once he moves away said block becomes a normal block then stays that way.

It wouldn't help with griefers destoying long standing structures, but it would help with them destroy things as your building them.

You know, you don't have to scrap every idea you don't like, you could try and alter it to something you do.
Build

Postby Gorman » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:47 am

Build wrote:Hmm... how about a block timer then? or a proximity guard? block = ally block if ally block placer is x distance from block. Once he moves away said block becomes a normal block then stays that way.

It wouldn't help with griefers destoying long standing structures, but it would help with them destroy things as your building them.

However this situation could easily be abused by griefers, they could coat on in blocks and guess what - you can't escape!

A common situation is a deuce building cover (good job, this game is all about cover!) but he builds it in front of you. No biggie right? Just dig a shot and keep on streaking. But with your suggested system that can't happen.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Build » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:22 am

spade =/= grenade

You're an idiot.
Build

Postby Gorman » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:35 am

Build wrote:spade =/= grenade

You're an idiot.

So your proposed system is only against grenades?

In that case it does nothing to stop griefers - we already covered that didn't we.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Build » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:19 am

Umm... you just contradicted yourself if you'll kindly reread your other posts.
Build

Return to Game