Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Moderators

Got a great new idea for the game?

Moderators

Postby TheBigWhiteBall » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:05 am

So i have an idea if Ace of Spades hand chooses special people (real player) to enforce rules like in popular severs and in forums as well some games do this like RS or others i think it a great idea, of course they would be under supervision to make sure they dont "abuse" their authority.
One Great Man Noticed "An army of principles can penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot."

TheBigWhiteBall

Re: Moderators

Postby Gorman » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:00 am

TheBigWhiteBall wrote:So i have an idea if Ace of Spades hand chooses special people (real player) to enforce rules like in popular severs and in forums as well some games do this like RS or others i think it a great idea, of course they would be under supervision to make sure they dont "abuse" their authority.

Servers do this, that is how admins come about.

The forums do this, that is how the current staff came about.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Build » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:40 am

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=819 - Original Topic

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=800 - Alternate way of implementing it.
... I was gone for a month and came back to a game that hadn't changed a bit.
Build

Postby Gorman » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:05 am

Build wrote:http://www.ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=819 - Original Topic

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=800 - Alternate way of implementing it.

Actually TheBigWhiteBall's suggestion seems to not be related to that thread. GBL != server or forums.

Giving people mod status just for having a bunch of rep is an even worse idea than rep itself. But how about you keep that cancer in its own thread, it has no place in this topic.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Build » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:14 pm

^It seems perfectly related if not similar.

Gorman wrote:Giving people mod status just for having a bunch of rep is an even worse idea than rep itself

votekick bonus =/= Mod

Gorman wrote:how about you keep that cancer in its own thread, it has no place in this topic.

Take your own advice kid, all you're posting is spam.
... I was gone for a month and came back to a game that hadn't changed a bit.
Build

Postby PXYC » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:39 pm

The GBL has nothing to do with forum moderators and such. I made that thread because I admin many popular servers, and have been doing bans for the same people on different servers. I think it would be easier, not only for me, but for everyone, to give the trusted people of the community GBL access. I mean, they're appointing new mods, so why not this, too?

<+laserlamp> lil b is my fav
PXYC
Local Mod

Postby TheBigWhiteBall » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:27 am

PXYC wrote:The GBL has nothing to do with forum moderators and such. I made that thread because I admin many popular servers, and have been doing bans for the same people on different servers. I think it would be easier, not only for me, but for everyone, to give the trusted people of the community GBL access. I mean, they're appointing new mods, so why not this, too?

I agree with you it would be easier and you get people who play every other day.
One Great Man Noticed "An army of principles can penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot."

TheBigWhiteBall

Return to Game