Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Alternate Vehicle Idea

Got a great new idea for the game?

Alternate Vehicle Idea

Postby Build » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:21 am

So instead of having jeeps, tanks, ect. Why not just have a 2 block high platform about 4 x 6 that you could build on and drive around.

Basically... Make your own vehicle, just a rough idea is all.
... I was gone for a month and came back to a game that hadn't changed a bit.
Build

Re: Alternate Vehicle Idea

Postby Gorman » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:58 am

No, I don't want vehicles at all in the first place. I especially do not want random flying platforms that people can drive around.

Keep AoS simple.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Build » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:36 am

Gorman wrote:Keep AoS simple.

No. This game will get more complex as time goes on, that is inevitable. Whichever way it does is not up to me, but I will always continue to post progressive Ideas that might fit the game.
... I was gone for a month and came back to a game that hadn't changed a bit.
Build

Postby Gorman » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:44 am

Build wrote:
Gorman wrote:Keep AoS simple.

No. This game will get more complex as time goes on, that is inevitable. Whichever way it does is not up to me, but I will always continue to post progressive Ideas that might fit the game.

This idea adds complication, not complexity (complex = chess, complicated = US tax system. Chess has few rules that can bring near infinite permutations, the tax system has many rules, far too many).

Complexity is fine, complication is bad.

Games are not required to become more complicated with time. Is this a commentary about the maturation of a genre? I don't think so. I don't understand why you would even make such an assumption.

Simpler games are better for everyone - new players, veterans, devs, modders - everyone.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Return to Game