Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Bring back the sway motion

Got a great new idea for the game?

Bring back the sway motion

Postby brickyphone » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:06 am

Hey, I posted this on the last forum before it was destroyed, so I'm bringing it back.
What the idea was, was the sway motion that was removed from (I think) 0.6 something should be brought back. In the old post, there was a lot of talk about it adding new difficulty not seen in other FPS's, and making it more immersive experience. There were also some other points which I cannot remember right now

On the old forum, this idea was generally well received, but I want to see what the people here think...
brickyphone
[C.H] Member

Re: Bring back the sway motion

Postby Beret » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:50 am

That's odd- I seem to remember almost everyone on that thread strongly rejecting the idea, save for a handful that agreed with your sentiment that it was 'more immersive.' I suggested a compromise where the sway stayed in effect between view angles of +/- 60º, with angles outside that having no sway to prevent the look down drunkedness, but like everything else the thread was destroyed with the old forum not long after that.

Anyway, if those images of the next build are real, the ultra crisp look of the game would spell the end of any pancakes motion.
Last edited by Beret on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beret

Postby Gorman » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:29 pm

It made me sick and added nothing to the game.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby tunaspirit » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:40 pm

I have some problems with drunken camera on a 1024x768 resolution, I don't know why you would need this.
[18:33] <+boolface> hey guys imma releqase 0.76 now
[18:34] <+Ethoslab> TheGrandmaster hey do you have any idea when updates gona come
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> now
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> as boolface told us
tunaspirit

Postby Articsledder » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:38 pm

I kind of liked it, at least when you were looking forward. Possibly remove it for when you are looking below a certain degree?
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Return to Game