Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Guard Applications

Guard Applications

Postby PXYC » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:05 pm

Want to help out with Minit? Are you good at catching griefers in the act? If so, we need your help! This is the thread where you can post your application for guard of Minit. DO NOT make your own thread, you must post on this one if you wish to be considered. You'll start off as a guard of one server, then you may or may not work your way up to guard of all servers, and possibly admin.

Please be aware that being a guard isn't all fun and games. It will possibly lower the amount of fun that you have on the server. As a guard, you have to investigate and try to solve all issues on the server. People look up to you, so try to act mature so that they will do that as well. Do not ban anyone unless you are absolutely sure that they are cheating.

IF you already applied for trusted, please wait for a decision to be made on that before applying for guard. The same goes for trusted apps.

Do you think you can do it? Good, post on this thread with the following information:
  • In-game name(s):
  • Time zone:
  • Country (please don't give us your full address):
  • Two servers that you would you prefer to start with: (NOTE: You will only get one server, but the top two should be in the post. You may not get this server, it depends on which server needs the most help. Assault really doesn't need anymore help, please try to choose something else.)
You will get a PM from one of us once a decision has been made, and you may re-apply in 2 months if your application was denied. Good luck!
Last edited by PXYC on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
PXYC
Local Mod

Re: Guard Applications

Postby FaZe » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:22 pm

In-game name(s): [DELTA]FaZe
Time zone: Eastern Standard Time
Country (please don't give us your full address): Canada
Why do you want to apply?: (Prepare yourselves!)

I've been troubled recently, by an overwhelming number of terrible people roaming around various AoS servers. Minit is no different. The vast majority of the times I go online (which is a lot), I run into said group of people: griefers and team-killers who will stop at nothing to ruin the fun for others. However, my biggest pet peeve is the immature part of the community. Those who swear in caps lock each time they die; those foreigners who spam "Who's my nationality?!" with no regret, and anyone who cannot realize that the Earth does not revolve around them; these people deserve punishment. With sadness, I must say that there are not always administrators online who can deal with these troublemakers. Votekicks rarely work, as a big handful of in-game players either don't care or understand my language.

This brings me to my next topic: hacking. I've had friends who I've seen play get votekicked as soon as they start doing well, with the reason generally being a mixture of the words "hacker," "H4X," "aimpot," "gtfo" and a variety of other swearwords jumbled together in all caps, causing my face to violently slam into my keyboard. The worst part is that I'm sitting there; attempting to dissuade players from voting with calm messages such as "He's not hacking. Check his stats." For some unknown reason, the general public does not like proper, complete sentences, so I'm left helplessly watching a confirmed legit player get kicked, more times than not.

I now consider myself as a person who can keep cool under tough situations and make the best decisions, while keeping everyone's best interests in mind. Before I make any obscure conclusions, I investigate. This means following the player in spectator mode, checking their stats, or paying attention to their general attitude towards the game.

So, here I am writing this application, hoping one day to have the chance the make this game a better place; one without the cursers, spammers, griefers, hackers, teamkillers, and one where trusted players get votekicked, but I have the power to fix it. When the time comes for a decision to be made, I trust that I’ll be able to do what’s right. I already have some experience with administrating servers, as I've been doing a fairly good job guarding the aloha.pk servers for a few months so far.

Which server would you prefer to start with? (NOTE: You may not get this server, it depends on which server needs the most help): Minit Assault or Minit CTF (both US servers)
Last edited by FaZe on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FaZe
[DELTA] Leader

Postby light6767 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:16 pm

light6767
Mtn standard
country USA
mint us -assault

available play time 10:00Am- 8:00 pm most week days

i want to become a guard because i am on every day and i am a active member of minit us. are allways hackers griefers and rule breakers. there have been days where i votekicked 30 people for griefing and it is days like those that i am proud to put in this application. it is verry fustruaiting when you have to votekick countless griefers and spend your time typeing "votekick #14" and then spending time showing people that they are griefing or what ever. it takes a lot of time doing it this way . i want to help normal players from having to do what i do. why should they have to keep the server "clean" its not their job and they probly dont want to have to to that. they just want to play. i have a will to do this because it makes your feel good when you kick a griefer, because you know you helped the server.
light6767

Postby jdrewlowery » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:18 pm

In-game name(s): jdrew jdrew2000
Time zone: central
Country (please don't give us your full address): north america
Why do you want to apply?: because i love the mint servers and i want to help the people of mint by stoping greifers and baning hackers .
Which server would you prefer to start with? (NOTE: You may not get this server, it depends on which server needs the most help)
hmm i would like mint eu ctf but anything is fine with me

please accept me into your ranks . ether way i will still play on mint servers because they are the only mature servers i know
I'm nooby and i know it
jdrewlowery
[SPQR] Member

Postby Enari » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:26 pm

Please specify 2 servers of chose.
Minit Assault is one of the hardest to manage, and it's already rather well moderated.
We'll most likely only accept one guard for Assault.
But this fully depends on your application, previous behavior on the
server and even posts on the forums and IRC

And don't forget that you can work your way up.

We also demand that you use IRC
Enari

Postby CraftDinur » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:16 pm

IGNs: Down in the signature
Time Zone: GMT -5:00 or EST
Why you want to apply?:

I would like to apply to be a guard on Minit to gain more experience in the administration field of AoS. Being an administrator on the aloha servers, I'm always looking for new ways to improve my administrator skills in any way I can. I believe administering a new environment will help me develop new skills as there are different admins to learn from as well as a different type of community to deal with. Since Minit's community differs from aloha's, I beileve exposure to two different types of playerbases will assist me in dealing with all sorts of people.

As far as the chaos goes in Ace of Spades, being one of the major servers Minit has a fair bit of griefers, hackers, and spammers itself. With my previous administration experience I would be a good asset for Minit in bringing order to all this chaos. Being previously immersed in an administration type environment, I know a great deal of all the pyspades commands, the general issues players face day to day, and can also keep a level head when dealing with players. As much as people think being an admin is fun, I can honestly agree that it degrades a bit of fun from your overall gameplay. On a server like pinpoint, it is almost impossible to have fun when you're teleporting around frantically togglebuilding griefers and banning aimbotters while remaining descrete to the rest of the general public. Other than just in-game administration, I also have experience with the IRC. Even when I don't have time to go in-game, I usually have time to lurk around the IRC and keep things under control outside of the game.

Top 2 Servers: Assault and CTF. I get best ping on US servers.
IGN: CraftDinur, Mr. Yoshimori, 49th Parallel
CraftDinur

Postby jdrewlowery » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:22 am

wow everones make big long posts and i just made a few centences . hmm probley wont get it
I'm nooby and i know it
jdrewlowery
[SPQR] Member

Postby xXxGpridexXx » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:17 am

In-game name(s):[TRE]Gpride
Time Zone: EST
Two Servers: Minit Assault US|Minit Assault CTF US
Country (please don't give us your full address): Toronto, Canada.
Why do you want to apply?:
I recently have Overlooked the Admin right's this Server hold's, Most of the time there are people
on the server who Spam, Grief, Make racist terms at users, and most of all hack, I would like to Be part of this collab and help stop these people who try to do so, On the server today I've seen at least 5 hackers or so.
I would like to make an Action to stop these griefer's and hackers and Most of all be nice to the server, And collaborate with People in the server, And most of all have a fun time with them. I really want to help solve these issues and fix what the AoS community is immune to at the moment. I hope I get I get considered.

Sincerely,
Gpride
Last edited by xXxGpridexXx on Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:23 am, edited 6 times in total.
Join [TRE] Today!

BE THE LEAF!

<+Fleischy> I love buttwalking

IGN: [TRE]Gpride.

RAAASSSEEEENNGAAAAN!!

FLOW FTW!
xXxGpridexXx

Postby Carnage » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:03 am

In-Game Name(s): [SPQR]Carnage, Carnage

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Why do you want to apply?: Currently, I help admin both Minit Infiltration and Minit Babel, which, as many know, are simply EU servers. US servers tend to have more people on them, making it necessary to have quite a few admins. If you see Minit US - Assault or Minit US - CTF on the play list or Spadille, it's easy to tell they're almost always more populated than the EU servers. I'd like to increase the perimeter of which I moderate servers. From EU to EU and US. I know I'm capable of guarding one more server than I already do, and I'd like to help as much as I can. Whenever I'm on my computer, I'm always on all Minit server IRC channels, and I know exactly what occurs on each server. With one more guard, there should be less of a hassle.

Two servers you would prefer to start with: Personally, I'd like my first choice to be Minit US - Assault, and my second to be Minit US - CTF. I'm on both IRC channels for the same length, but I'm on Minit US - Assault a lot more commonly.
Last edited by Carnage on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carnage
[SPQR] Member

Postby Otter » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:11 am

In-game name(s): <BAS>Otter

Time zone: Pacific

Country (please don't give us your full address): US

Why do you want to apply?: Every time I join a Minit server there's some kind of cheater or griefer ruining the game for everyone and no one to ban them. I'd like to be the remedy to that. I'm an admin on the Aloha servers as well so I like to think that I'm responsible and trustworthy.

Two servers that you would you prefer to start with: (NOTE: You will only get one server, but the top two should be in the post. You may not get this server, it depends on which server needs the most help. Assault really doesn't need anymore help, please try to choose something else.) I mostly play on the US and EU CTF servers so I'd like to start out on those if I am accepted.

Thank you for your time.
Otter
Bastion Member

Postby Scipion » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:08 am

In-game name(s): [SPQR]Scipion, Scipion
Time zone: CET +1
Country (please don't give us your full address): Croatia
Why do you want to apply?: The biggest reason I want to apply is because I feel powerless. Not in the way that makes me want to be above other players, but powerless in the way of keeping the server clean of griefers and hackers. I just feel like all my intentions to keep the server fun are limited. Even if a votekick works, griefers often return after 20 minutes.
This isn't the job I want to have for the sake of it or to have some kind of rank. To be honest, I don't even want to do it and I hope one day nobody will have to, but the world we live in today unfortunately demands it, it has to be done and I'm ready to do it. Imagine the server in which you can build a bridge that goes outside of your base and everything that holds it are four one-block pillars in your base. Pretty hard, right? At least it is with so many griefers out there.
I know Minit Assault is well moderated, but it looks like I'm living in the wrong time zone. Usually when I'm playing, there are none or one admin online. This is exactly the reason I'm applying for this position. I know I'm the good choice to fill out this hole as there are not many players out of Eastern Europe out there. I'm spending 5-6 hours every day on this server and it is the only server I'm playing on. I have a decent level of respect between the players on the server and I can establish authority if it's needed. I only suggested this one server because it's the only server I play on and is the only one I need the guard on.
Whenever I'm trying to stop a griefer, I always try to approach him the nice way first. I ask him what he's doing and could he stop. It's suprising how sometimes exactly that, nice word, can change somebody's attitude. You never know why griefers grief. Maybe he just had a hard day at school or work you know :). If he's not listening, that's when I try to votekick him while trying to save the buildings he's griefing. This is the hardest part for me actually, racing with a griefer while trying to fix the building and save it from collapsing and in the same time hoping the votekick will work. If it doesn't work, I should probably stop playing before I break something even though I'm a calm person most of the time. I can live with an aimbotter. I can live with rapid hacker. But destroying somebody's hard work just for your own entertainment is just wrong.
If I encounter a hacker, I always use /ratio, /accuracy and try to spectate him before I'm 100% sure he's hacking. Of course, I always start a votekick against him after I'm completely sure.
Now, I tried as hard as I could to make this application ungeneric and to make it so it would stand out of other applications. I've put my thoughts into it and my view of the situation. If I don't get chosen, I'll respect that decision. I won't reapply though because I feel like I'll never be more ready for it than I am now. I just hope you'll choose the right person for it after all. Thank you for reading.
Two servers that you would you prefer to start with: Minit Assault
Scipion
[SPQR] Leader

Postby jdrewlowery » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:34 am

Scipion wrote:In-game name(s): [SPQR]Scipion, Scipion
Time zone: CET +1
Country (please don't give us your full address): Croatia
Why do you want to apply?: The biggest reason I want to apply is because I feel powerless. Not in the way that makes me want to be above other players, but powerless in the way of keeping the server clean of griefers and hackers. I just feel like all my intentions to keep the server fun are limited. Even if a votekick works, griefers often return after 20 minutes.
This isn't the job I want to have for the sake of it or to have some kind of rank. To be honest, I don't even want to do it and I hope one day nobody will have to, but the world we live in today unfortunately demands it, it has to be done and I'm ready to do it. Imagine the server in which you can build a bridge that goes outside of your base and everything that holds it are four one-block pillars in your base. Pretty hard, right? At least it is with so many griefers out there.
I know Minit Assault is well moderated, but it looks like I'm living in the wrong time zone. Usually when I'm playing, there are none or one admin online. This is exactly the reason I'm applying for this position. I know I'm the good choice to fill out this hole as there are not many players out of Eastern Europe out there. I'm spending 5-6 hours every day on this server and it is the only server I'm playing on. I have a decent level of respect between the players on the server and I can establish authority if it's needed. I only suggested this one server because it's the only server I play on and is the only one I need the guard on.
Whenever I'm trying to stop a griefer, I always try to approach him the nice way first. I ask him what he's doing and could he stop. It's suprising how sometimes exactly that, nice word, can change somebody's attitude. You never know why griefers grief. Maybe he just had a hard day at school or work you know :). If he's not listening, that's when I try to votekick him while trying to save the buildings he's griefing. This is the hardest part for me actually, racing with a griefer while trying to fix the building and save it from collapsing and in the same time hoping the votekick will work. If it doesn't work, I should probably stop playing before I break something even though I'm a calm person most of the time. I can live with an aimbotter. I can live with rapid hacker. But destroying somebody's hard work just for your own entertainment is just wrong.
If I encounter a hacker, I always use /ratio, /accuracy and try to spectate him before I'm 100% sure he's hacking. Of course, I always start a votekick against him after I'm completely sure.
Now, I tried as hard as I could to make this application ungeneric and to make it so it would stand out of other applications. I've put my thoughts into it and my view of the situation. If I don't get chosen, I'll respect that decision. I won't reapply though because I feel like I'll never be more ready for it than I am now. I just hope you'll choose the right person for it after all. Thank you for reading.
Two servers that you would you prefer to start with: Minit Assault

didnt read thethw whole post but yea it is prety bad . mint servers are sopose to be the best but when you go on mint us ctf or eu ctf you get a bunch of trolls talkin about sex that you cant even kick because theres like 10 of them with no admin on . it isnt fair to the good players
I'm nooby and i know it
jdrewlowery
[SPQR] Member

Postby Tuadim » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:31 pm

In-game name(s): Joseh123
Time zone: UTC/GMT -3 hours
Why do you want to apply?: I have seen a lot of griefers and hackers in-game, and most times there isn't an admin online to help us and kick/put him in jail. So I want to be a Guard/admin to help people.
Two servers that you would you prefer to start with: Both US servers (CTF and Assault).
My in-game name is [FF]Joseh123.

My player skin pack
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
That is a dead mod-pack.
Tuadim
[FF] Member

Postby Mariokillu » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:00 am

In-game name(s): KomradeMario
Time zone: MST (Mountain Standard Time)
Country (please don't give us your full address): MURRIKA
Why do you want to apply?: I am wanting to apply because I like to moderate servers and help people. :)... Plus no offense to the good admins but there are places that admins are never at or inactive at.
Two servers that you would you prefer to start with: Minit US Assault and Minit US CTF. I know the OP says that Assault doesn't really need help and it already well moderated, I find this to be false. The admins that are watching it aren't really that active on it.

Also, I would like to point out that I used to be an admin on Minit, so therefore, I'm trusted. :)
Mariokillu

Postby RadLova » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:35 am

In-game name(s): [GoH]ExtremeAce

Time zone: GMT+7/UTC+6

Country (please don't give us your full address): Jakarta,Indonesia

Why do you want to apply?: because everytime player griefing or hacking,i votekick them,even i have to message them to admin,i`m mature and im not hacking,Minit Server always inspired me to make me a good player,Minit Server is the only server that has a high protection such as when you make/destroying a blocks you must get a kill,now that`s the way to preventing some griefer from Griefing some blocks or building.

now Hacking,now you all have seen hacker right? but in Minit server? nah,Minit Server Provides 24 hours admin support,well not every 24 hours,if you`re lucky,you will seen a admin right?,now Minit Server is the Best Server to play because its less lag,less griefer,less hacker and more!,now i can do 24 hours support too,im active 24 hours(often) and if im seeing players complaining there is a hacker/griefer,i`ll repeatly ban the hacker/griefer,maybe permabanned if he going to far,high protection is not always Best Protection,sometimes those protection needs a help,and that help is admin,admin jobs is catching some hacker,ban him from server,well that is good,with very restricted rules,high protection and 24 hours admin support,if we combine it it will be the best and highly protection server in Ace of Spades

Two servers that you would you prefer to start with: (NOTE: You will only get one server, but the top two should be in the post. You may not get this server, it depends on which server needs the most help. Assault really doesn't need anymore help, please try to choose something else.) : Minit US-CTF and Minit EU-Babel
^^^Click here to see my channel or click the pic^^^
RadLova

Next

Return to Minit