Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

*!*!*USAB Clan Suggestions*!*!*

The United States Airborne Clan was started in 2007 by a group of friends. They look to create a community of mature, level-headed people who enjoy the games they play rather than try to be "MLG PR0".

Re: *!*!*USAB Clan Suggestions*!*!*

Postby Skynet » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:56 am

What about a USAB calender? Or a list of upcoming events, matches, birthdays, USAB anniversary, not sure what should be put in it but it would be an easy way of organizing stuff, not forgetting about anything that would be on the calender, maybe a reminder type thing.
Thoughts?
ImageImage
Skynet
Bastion Member

Postby Tin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:35 am

I like this idea.
LinStar wrote:We all have feelings. That's a fact. Thank You!
Tin
[SPQR] Leader

Postby TheSifodias » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:32 pm

Right now we really need USAB forums. If the rumors are true and a lot more forum disconnects are expected, we should at least know what's up in the clan.
A leader, a sniper, a creator...
an admin, and a loyal clan member of USAB.

TheSifodias
[USAB] Member

Postby Paladin » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:20 pm

I totally agree with both the Forum and Calendar ideas. They could be implemented into the main website, if that isn't too difficult.

"Sharing is caring unless you're living in the zombie apocalypse" - Dezz
Paladin
Bastion Member

Postby USABxBOOYO » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:09 pm

The forums are being worked on. I may add a calendar sometime later.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby StrawHatPirate » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:04 am

Every USAB member should be required to have skype and a mic. if they are going to be in a match. There also have to be a stronger policy for kicking people out of the group for un-announced inactivity.
#RSK
ᕦ(ˇò_ó)ᕤ Fight Oppression, Fight Jagex ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
StrawHatPirate

Postby USABxBOOYO » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:14 am

We actually do have a very strong policy for that, it just takes a while to get the required votes for each person.

As for matches, yes, I agree with that and I'll try to get people to use their mic in clan matches.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby Seabert » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:01 am

The problem with some people is (me as well sometimes) that having a group call on Skype makes the game lag.
Seabert
[USAB] Member

Postby Tin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:03 am

Use mumble...
Tin
[SPQR] Leader

Postby Paladin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:03 pm

I'm inclined to agree with Tin here. Skype is great and it's easily the best software to make calls to people over the internet. However, Mumble was built specifically for gamers. I can vouch for less lag in Mumble, i've used both in-game, and now regularly chat with the @ guys on Mumble when we play, with no noticable lag (300 ping), however when i played a game using Skype, i was around the 450's for ping.

Plus, we already have our own dedicated channel in the Ace of Spades Mumble, so we don't even need to set anything up.

"Sharing is caring unless you're living in the zombie apocalypse" - Dezz
Paladin
Bastion Member

Postby StrawHatPirate » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:36 pm

I know that mumble is WAAY bether, but people in this clan don't use it. To fix this you can just say that you have to have mumble set up to be in a match.
#RSK
ᕦ(ˇò_ó)ᕤ Fight Oppression, Fight Jagex ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
StrawHatPirate

Postby FaZe » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:26 pm

Well, I have a little suggestion to crank up your recruitment, yet still bring in quality (mature) members. I know you guys hate focusing on skill, but the majority of people want to play this game with others in order to improve. After all, that's what a game is all about. Don't get me wrong; chilling with other people is great, but it's not necessarily a priority in the mindset of gamers. My suggestion is to focus a tad bit on gameplay. Maybe in your clan information paragraph (found here" viewforum.php?f=5), add something like "the fact that we're one of the most skilled clans our there is just a bonus." Then in your recruitment policy, make it a requirement to attach a screenshot of something simple, say 100 kills. This way, you'll appeal to a much broader audience.

The way I see it, there are definitely mature players who like have fun and pwn nubs at the same time, and at the moment, one of their needs isn't being fulfilled.

In conclusion: would it really hurt to bring in 6 or 7 mature, skilled players that can bring this clan back to its previous glory?
FaZe
[DELTA] Leader

Postby USABxBOOYO » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:38 pm

The only way to actually measure skill would be to have some kind of field test, considering anybody could just go in a game and grind kills. Field tests are time consuming and annoying to other players, so I'm not about to do that. Besides, I wanted to make the recruitment policy universal for every game, considering staying purely in Ace of Spades is a stupid idea what with the upcoming "apocalypse" of buy to play.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby Tin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:41 pm

I am not someone who you should listen, but you have like 35 members and only 5 of them actually play the game, matches. Some people left the clan because they think it is not ambitious anymore. Maybe you should open recruitment again.
Tin
[SPQR] Leader

Postby USABxBOOYO » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:42 pm

I'm going to re-open recruitment very soon since the activity check didn't manage to round up all of our members and make them pay attention to the forums.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to [USAB]