Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

****USAB Skype****

The United States Airborne Clan was started in 2007 by a group of friends. They look to create a community of mature, level-headed people who enjoy the games they play rather than try to be "MLG PR0".

****USAB Skype****

Postby USABxBOOYO » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:04 pm

Skype has become very, very popular with USAB and has slowly been replacing the IRC channels. In fact, #USAB.Officer has almost been completely dropped because of it and a new page on the clan site (http://www.theusabclan.com/skype) has been created for it.

How do I Use Skype?

Simply download and install Skype on your computer from here http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/home. You can also find Skype on the Apple App Store and the Google Play store (Android Market) if you want to use Skype on your mobile device.

What Can I Do?

If you've never used Skype before, getting started is easy. Simply find your friends' Skype names and add them to your contacts. Then you can start IMing, voice chatting, and video chatting. Skype also supports groups with full administration tools. You can have chat in groups and you can also call and video call the entire group.

Does USAB Have a Skype Group? How do I Join It?

Yes, we do! The Skype group is named Official USAB Clan Chat - Members Only. As the name implies, only members are currently allowed to join. We may add a public channel in the future but the demand is not there. If you would like to join it, just send a contact request to and message an Officer, Executive Board member, or me or Slayer to add you to the group. If they know what they're doing (it isn't that hard) then you should be added to the group in no time!

What do Officers and Above Get? Is This Like IRC?

Officers and above get the channel role of "Master", which basically means you can ban, kick, add people to the group, change the topic (don't do that, though), etc. You can find all of the commands here https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/fa1 ... -and-roles. Typing /help or an invalid command in the Skype group chat will also give you this link.

Is There Anything Like #USAB.Officer? Do I Need a Password?

Yes, we have a Skype group called Official USAB Administration Chat and it is for Officers and above only. Just ask another Officer to add you in and you should be allowed in.

Oh No! I Accidentally Left the Channel!
Just ask an online Officer to add you back in and you should be allowed back soon.

We highly encourage all members to join Skype as it is an easy, effective, and fun means of communication!
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Re: ****USAB Skype****

Postby CraftDinur » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:52 pm

please speak english (Strawhat D:<) it's really annoying when people spam in different languages (norwegian D:<) and i will be demoting you to listener for a temporary amount of time if you decide to be excessively annoying. also try and fit everything you want to say in a single sentence rather than continuously saying word after word which is also annoying.

if you ever get annoyed by all the beeping, change your online status to "Do Not Disturb" and it won't beep anymore but you will still be able to chat with others.
IGN: CraftDinur, Mr. Yoshimori, 49th Parallel
CraftDinur

Postby USABxSLAYER » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:51 pm

Also I am ryan.moroney2 on Skype so yeah.
^Best Game Ever^
USABxSLAYER
[USAB] Leader

Postby Falcon » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:28 pm

I try my hardest Dinur ;_; . But yea skype is really, I think the clan will become more active if we talk more together through skype and maybe even play together somewhere in a call!
IGN:USABxFALCON IRC:Fawlkon
Falcon
[USAB] Member

Postby ugotpiez » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:49 pm

I prefer Skype over IRC, anyway.

[IGN] USABxAIRLINES -- BOOYOxAIRLINES -- El Jefe -- Airlines
ugotpiez
[USAB] Member

Postby USABxSLAYER » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:56 pm

ugotpiez wrote:I prefer Skype over IRC, anyway.

Me too.
^Best Game Ever^
USABxSLAYER
[USAB] Leader

Return to [USAB]