Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Ace of Spades help

Have a problem? Ask here.

Ace of Spades help

Postby landocalrissia » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:40 am

So i’m at school and I want to play ace of spades, the schools policy says I can’t install anything. Could someone preinstall ace of spades and spadille to a folder and zip it up and send it to me?
landocalrissia

Re: Ace of Spades help

Postby NestoFlo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:42 am

So is this a home schooled laptop or is this at school grounds? If it is at school grounds they can keep track of your
actions, if it is on a laptop it can be avoided.
NestoFlo

Postby Mio » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:42 am

It's hard to make a portable version, since the game need the prefix aos:// to working functionally.
and I normally knows that schools don't want to install these.
'On Jan 24th', Congress will vote to pass internet censorship in the Senate, even though the vast majority of Americans are opposed. We need to kill the bill - PIPA and SOPA - to protect our rights to free speech, privacy, and prosperity.
Mio

Postby mikuli » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:15 pm

You can actually start aos from the command line by running client.exe with the url specified as an argument, for example, like this: D:\blah\bloh\AoS>client.exe -aos://512348488

I am not exatly sure if you can bypass a local installation like so, but it's definitely worth a try. Install AoS on a thumbdrive, and try running it on a different computer with the example i gave ya.
Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne
Join me in Tribes: Ascend! IGN: Mikuli
mikuli
Retired Staff Member

Return to Help