Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

crashing since update

Have a problem? Ask here.

crashing since update

Postby ham21 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:09 pm

hey there a deuce to AOS forums so sorry if i get anything wrong
been having problems since the 7.5 update i think? (the newest one)
me and a friend have both been playing AOS fine till the new update since update we are either crashing on the loading screen or within first min or so in game
both defiantly can run the program so its not a computer specs issue (both can run skyrim on ultra settings) . we did install spaddile about same time but have uninstalled to check it wasn't interference through that, it works when one of us sets up a server and the other joins but just not through the main play screen any suggestions? many thanks in advance
ham21

Re: crashing since update

Postby BlueToonYoshi » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:22 pm

I been having this problem too. Don't know what the deal is?! Maybe it's a random bug, or many people are reconfiguring their servers, no idea. Also Spadille is currently outdated right now, wait for the next update, hopefully shouldn't be too long.....I hope.
BlueToonYoshi

Postby ham21 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:32 pm

good to know i'm not the only one thanks for quick reply XD
ham21

Postby WAFOE » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:53 pm

I have that too. I wanted to make a fanmade ace of spades trailer but it isn't possible of the chrashing...
WAFOE

Postby DenyerNTR » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:17 pm

I can't get in to the game either. Also I notice that if I try to join a server with, for example, 30 players, and I manage to get to the team select screen, there tends to be like only 3 or 4 players on.
DenyerNTR

Postby pithecircle » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:01 pm

Bump, I want to see a reply.
pithecircle

Postby Putin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:26 pm

me 2 80 % of servers crash really frustrating update -_-
AoS The worst game with the greatest potential .
Putin

Postby tonytheturtle » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:52 pm

I have been getting the message "ERROR: Server connection failed" on just about every server including the new CoRE server. I have only been able to get in a hand full of servers with hardly anyone on them. Among these, almost all of them crash unexpectedly either right when the map loads, or when I select a team. I have only been able to play on one server and it was a small melee only server. I have tried reinstalling .75 multiple times. I have tried using the repair option in the install wizard. I have run Ace of spades in version .7 and many other previous versions. In previous versions I have had difficulties using firefox, but it always worked on internet explorer. I am using internet explorer and it still does not work. If anybody with technical information or a suggestion reads this, help would be appreciated. It seems I am not alone with this error. Thanks!
tonytheturtle

Postby EdwardR » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:18 am

Well, seems like everyone of us has problems... You should try notifying bcoolface in chat.
EdwardR

Postby Rydogger » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:59 am

Have you tried an uninstall reinstall?
Stalk me via the Following.
Image Image
<MinitAssault> <eddie> I WANT SEXY TIME
<MinitAssault> eddie will never know a sexy time.
Rydogger

Location: Kayaking across the Pacific Ocean, Trying to reach the shores of Japan

Postby Serious2 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:02 am

i am having same thing wont load game have updated and its s t u f f ed up my mate is ok he gets on but i cant
-Image removed, please don't use rainbows-
Serious2

Postby tw4040 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:54 am

ham21 wrote:hey there a deuce to AOS forums so sorry if i get anything wrong
been having problems since the 7.5 update i think? (the newest one)
me and a friend have both been playing AOS fine till the new update since update we are either crashing on the loading screen or within first min or so in game
both defiantly can run the program so its not a computer specs issue (both can run skyrim on ultra settings) . we did install spaddile about same time but have uninstalled to check it wasn't interference through that, it works when one of us sets up a server and the other joins but just not through the main play screen any suggestions? many thanks in advance

Perhaps, if ace of spades keeps crashing you could reinstall the game, because in the ace of spades game settings, if a single bit of information is altered incorrectly then it will crash.
"And those are the words of god"
tw4040

Postby bub » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:16 pm

I have the same issue. I completely deleted the .7 directory even. Reinstalled, still crashes within a few minutes of playing.

I have modded the sites for my guns, and replaced 2 .wav files, could this be causing any issues? Anyone else here with frequent crashes done the same?
bub

Postby Rydogger » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Have you deleted anything from the files? If so, thats the problem. You can only replace, not delete
Stalk me via the Following.
Image Image
<MinitAssault> <eddie> I WANT SEXY TIME
<MinitAssault> eddie will never know a sexy time.
Rydogger

Location: Kayaking across the Pacific Ocean, Trying to reach the shores of Japan

Postby InvasiveHazard » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:55 am

Every server crashes for me a minute in the game or so. I have no mods or anything like that. Whats the deal?
If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
InvasiveHazard

Next

Return to Help