Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Banned from Minit servers on 10/3/12 ~8pm

Have a problem? Ask here.

Banned from Minit servers on 10/3/12 ~8pm

Postby pankakes » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:15 am

(I read the forum rules, and to the best of my knowledge, this is where this post belongs. Hope I'm not screwing up...)

Hello,

I was in the minit US assault server with my buddy and was insta-banned for "griefing". I walked up to one of our far bunkers (close to spawn) and blasted out one corner of it with my SMG. It didn't make it fall or anything, I was going to expand the wall, as our team was getting killed and could have used a larger bunker. Someone said in allchat to kick me because I was griefing, and I was kicked out no more than 5 seconds later.

I understand you have the right to do what you want with your server, but this is me submitting an appeal for the actions taken against me. I just started playing this game 2 days ago, so forgive me if I am playing out of the ordinary. However, I am a team player. I just started playing, and I hope I can assure you I will not act out. If things like that can result in such quick action, I will make sure I refrain from doing so in the future. If my behavior is a consistent issue, I deserve it. But, that will not be a problem.

I hope the ban was not permanent. I would appreciate if a mod could look into it and see if I will be able to rejoin again. I enjoyed my time on the assault server and would like to continue to do so.

I played under the handle "mmm_pankakes". I don't know which mod banned me, but I'm pretty sure they were utilizing server console at the time. Let me know if you need more information from me. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to a response.
pankakes

Re: Banned from Minit servers on 10/3/12 ~8pm

Postby PyroPlunger » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:30 am

Make sure it wasn't a 20 minute votekick ban.

If you still can't play after 20 minutes, try appealing your ban here: viewtopic.php?f=195&t=9413

Make sure you properly follow the instructions and try being as honest as possible.
Last edited by PyroPlunger on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
IGN: [USAB]Rustic
PyroPlunger
[USAB] Member

Postby uvs » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:30 am

Hello Pankakes,
first of all, despite you best intentions, this is not the right section to post this :P
This would be the right place.

I was on the server this evening when you played, but I never noticed you getting banned. However the chat was going kinda crazy and I wasn't paying much attention of it.

You say that you are new to the game, did you see if there was a votekick? In that case it would be a short 20min ban.
If you where indeed kicked by a admin the normal griefban on Minit is 7 days.
Without your IP I'm afraid can't investigate further.

Consider posting in the linked ban-appeal thread with IP if your ban remains.
.uvs
uvs
Bastion Member

Postby pankakes » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:37 pm

Thanks for the replies. It was not a votekick, and I am still banned from all minit servers. :/ I will post an appeal. Thanks
pankakes

Postby Masterbajurf » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:38 am

Sorry for the misunderstanding. There were several griefers on at the moment that were on the same team as you and I didn't put much thought into investigating you any further then the other players that I suspected were griefing. You are no longer banned. Again, I am sorry for the misunderstanding.
Masterbajurf

Postby pankakes » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:32 am

Thank you for looking into this for me!
pankakes

Return to Help