Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Christ Almighty what's with the locks?

Have a problem? Ask here.

Christ Almighty what's with the locks?

Postby Floob » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:36 pm

I wanted to reply to the 9 year old, that asked if he could play. Why is that topic locked?

My reply in case he or his parents read this. Yes you can play. But you may find some of the dialog in game offensive. My 9 year old plays with me. We are both offended quite often by racism and offensive language.

My guess is. Apparently this and or nearly any other issue the community would care to discuss, is not relevant to the direction the moderators desire the forum to take. You can not control my opinion through censorship.

Sorry for the rant. I come here every few days to check the status of the game. And perhaps participate in discussion relevant to the game. Only to find half the forum topics locked.

At the very least, how about a tiny little show of respect to the forum members. Post the reason for the lock.

Rant: Over

Ok now lock this.
Quote from Sanchez:
"Marshal I have seen better shooting at the county fair"
Floob

Re: Christ Almighty what's with the locks?

Postby USABxBOOYO » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:58 pm

I'm not too sure why the last thread was locked, but when I lock a thread I always post with an explanation of it. I'm not too sure why other people may not do this, probably for the sake of convenience, but it seems pretty reasonable that moderators/admins provide a reason for locking.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby StackOverflow » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:59 pm

I'm not sure off-hand why the topic was locked to begin with. Sure there was some joking/trolling, but nothing serious enough to require a lock in my opinion. Unlocked it and responded to the author.

It seems the poster has created a new topic here and has received a more helpful response.

Moving this thread to the Help section.
StackOverflow
Site Admin

Postby PXYC » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:50 pm

Hmm, I don't think I locked that topic, but if I did - sorry about that. I try to only lock topics if they're getting extremely off-topic and/or the OP requests a topic to be locked, and I then leave an explanation (or at least I try to) about why it was locked.

<+laserlamp> lil b is my fav
PXYC
Local Mod

Return to Help