Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

IRC Connection

Have a problem? Ask here.

IRC Connection

Postby Varun » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:12 pm

I don't know if this question has arisen and been answered, but I couldn't find it, and since I assumed that help would be the best place to go, I posted here.

My basic problem is that my IP is, for some reason, blocked on the DNS blacklist. I would like it to be known that I am, for in all the meanings of the word, a techno-noob. So, do not expect me to have noticed something that a person well versed in the secrets of the computer would have.

I've been blocked from every IRC, and this sort of puts a damper on activities such as organising clan matches and just chatting with my friends. I believe that I read about a solution in another topic. Unfortunately I don't remember where, so I came here.

Help would be appreciated, and this topic floating to the bottom of the page would not.

Thx.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Re: IRC Connection

Postby Pavel » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:28 pm

Please post the error messages that you get when you try to connect to IRC.

Thank you :)

- Pavel
[18:05:37] <+mikuli> i'll never get over the fact that Doc is ex Bi
Pavel
Komrade Member

Re: IRC Connection

Postby PXYC » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:14 am

If you're getting that picture of the cat, you need to use an IRC client like mIRC or KVIrc.

<+laserlamp> lil b is my fav
PXYC
Local Mod

Return to Help