Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

AOS files are not being accepted

Have a problem? Ask here.

AOS files are not being accepted

Postby HAGO » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:24 am

Is there a way to change the settings of my computer so it will accept the AOS server files?
I was running Windows 7 and I am not sure where the settings are to change this.
It was caused by a lack of concentration on my part but I accidentally clicked "Do Nothing" when these kinds of files are selected(Derp).
HAGO

Re: AOS files are not being accepted

Postby PXYC » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:53 am

Nothingspecial wrote:Sure, the problem was that I couldn't play because I accidentally checked the box that said "Always associate aos files with this app" (I'm not sure if this is what it actually said, it's just what it would translate to english, for I am german)
This is how you fix it if you use Firefox: Go to options -> Application tab, and search for the file called "aos".
Then you just have to click on the right drop-down and select the App, which you wish to use.

I'm assuming this is what you mean with the problem you're having and that is the solution above.

<+laserlamp> lil b is my fav
PXYC
Local Mod

Re: AOS files are not being accepted

Postby HAGO » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:55 pm

Fixed now, sorry I didn't explain it clearly (mainly because I didn't know what I did) but I ended up having to re install Google chrome to reset the settings so it will accept and run AOS files
HAGO

Return to Help