Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Trying to re-install new version but it won't work!

Have a problem? Ask here.

Trying to re-install new version but it won't work!

Postby greenisgodtier1 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:37 pm

(Lol, thanks for reading this)

At the moment I am trying to re-install ace of spades 0.75, yet when I get about halfway through the installation a window pops up reading:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder the installation package 'aos075install.msi' is in in the box below

So I will choose the directory to where it is (which it already was on?) and then another message pops up:

The file 'C:\Users\ME\downloads\' is not a valid installation package for the product Ace of Spades. Try to find the installation package 'aos075install.msi' in a folder from which you can install Ace of Spades

So then I'll just press cancel and then the final window will pop up:

The older version of Ace of Spades cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group

I have already deleted the Ace of Spades folder that I previously had before running the installer, along with deleting all files associated from Ace of Spades in my computer, yet these messages still pop up. If anyone out there know's how to solve this and get it installed, then your help is greatly appreciated.

Also, sorry if this is an easily solvable problem mentioned before but I'm not too computer literate.
greenisgodtier1

Return to Help