Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Got cable modem -> massive issues

Have a problem? Ask here.

Got cable modem -> massive issues

Postby virgilabe » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:48 pm

So I was with ADSL broadband and had happy time playing this game flawlessly. I recently had to switch to 100/5M cable broadband and now everything is messed up.

I have very hard time get the game even load before my modem crashes and connection is lost. When the loading is successful (after a long time) the game is veeery laggy, and then the connection is lost. I have best success with regional servers with only few players in, but even then the game is very unplayable and usually disconnects in the end as well.

With other games such as ArmA2 I don't have any issues, so I wonder if there is something very particular with AoS which I should take into account? I really don't know how I should set up my modem to be compliant with AoS, or more likely, if there is anything at all I can do...

I really would like to get this working, as I absolutely love this game.

Modem is Cisco EPC3825 with latest possible firmware, if that sparks any idea.

Edit: Problem fixed, seems like I had a faulty cables.
virgilabe

Re: Got cable modem -> massive issues

Postby OnkelDolan » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:31 pm

virgilabe wrote:So I was with ADSL broadband and had happy time playing this game flawlessly. I recently had to switch to 100/5M cable broadband and now everything is messed up.

I have very hard time get the game even load before my modem crashes and connection is lost. When the loading is successful (after a long time) the game is veeery laggy, and then the connection is lost. I have best success with regional servers with only few players in, but even then the game is very unplayable and usually disconnects in the end as well.

With other games such as ArmA2 I don't have any issues, so I wonder if there is something very particular with AoS which I should take into account? I really don't know how I should set up my modem to be compliant with AoS, or more likely, if there is anything at all I can do...

I really would like to get this working, as I absolutely love this game.

Modem is Cisco EPC3825 with latest possible firmware, if that sparks any idea.

Edit: Problem fixed, seems like I had a faulty cables.

Good thing it worked out, I remember back in my other house whenever I couldnt get the internet signal to the modem I would just unscrew the cable wire then rescrew it into the modem to get it working again.
IGN: RisunEtsijä

I am the AoS Finnish ambassador

http://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=fKB3Q ... gvIXqEV66o
OnkelDolan

Return to Help