Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Framerate Issues!

Have a problem? Ask here.

Framerate Issues!

Postby Pyro1923 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:10 pm

Hello, I recently started playing Ace Of Spades, however I have been getting bad framerates. I know this is bad, because of the fact that my grandmothers rig can run it. I read somewhere that it had to do with integrated graphics or something, but if anyway has a fix please let me know! This game looks really fun and I really wanna start playing it more! I have tried running the game in 800x600 windowed, in adminsistrator, with all other programs off EVERYTHING! still nothing, hopefully someone can figure out what's wrong with it.
Pyro1923

Re: Framerate Issues!

Postby BlueToonYoshi » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:43 pm

Hmmm........it could be that your internet speed is not that good. Or maybe your firewall or antivirus program is conflicting with the AoS files, I don't know.
BlueToonYoshi

Postby Pyro1923 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:09 am

My internet is fine, already tried that. Joined the lowest ping server I could find and didn't help at all. That is a good sudgestion about the anti-virus, I'll try that!

~edit~

No that didn't work at all, thanks for the help though! It's strange because the game works fine on my crappy netbook, but lags to an barely playable framerate on my comp, I'm running it in 800x600 windowed...Hopefully it works when they release the opengl version!
Pyro1923

Postby zephir » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:29 am

what graphics card do you have? if a netbook can play this game ok (mine did, 20 fps @ 1024x768) then any normal (as in non-netbook) PC should play it even better.
zephir

Postby UNDERCOVER » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:34 am

zephir wrote:what graphics card do you have? if a netbook can play this game ok (mine did, 20 fps @ 1024x768) then any normal (as in non-netbook) PC should play it even better.
IIRC, AoS needs only a CPU to run, you don't need a graphics card to run AoS.
tunaspirit wrote:So AoS is an actual army simulator?
I never knew Marines were fighting THAT much terrorist polaks and brazilians.
UNDERCOVER

Postby Pyro1923 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:05 am

I have a nvidia geforce 550, and I tried getting rid of the affinity for the video card processor in the task manager... but that didn't help at all. Still not sure what's causing it all, my internet is fine, 500kb download. This makes no sense, my comp can run battlefield 3 decently, so it should be able to run AOS amazingly XD Hopefully the opengl version being released fixes all this...
Pyro1923

Postby PXYC » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Yeah, that really is weird. It's not only you though. I really have no solution but to play on your netbook until the OpenGL version comes out.

<+laserlamp> lil b is my fav
PXYC
Local Mod

Return to Help