Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

[Tool] GreaseMonkey's 0.75 hotfixer

All third party apps for AoS.

[Tool] GreaseMonkey's 0.75 hotfixer

Postby GreaseMonkey » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:29 am

I made a hotfixer. Currently this only fixes ONE crash bug in 0.75.

VISTA / 7 USERS: THIS DOES NOT WORK ON VISTA OR 7 YET. I AM LACKING A PIECE OF CODE TO FIND THE MODULE BASE ADDRESS, SO I AM USING THE DEFAULT OF 0x00400000. IF YOU WANT THIS TO WORK ON YOUR COMPUTER, FIND ME A PIECE OF CODE WHICH WILL GET ME THIS ADDRESS. Thanks.

Instructions:
  • Download and extract.
  • Go to an AoS server.
  • Run fix075.exe before you encounter the bugs, but after the CRC32 check is done (once the window appears you should be good).

Bugs that are currently fixed (I think):
  • The segfault that very often happens when you're spectating while dead, and cycling through your teammates. This pertains to gpixy (voxlap5.c) being calculated

Your antivirus might yell at you - this is because fix075.exe modifies client.exe while it is running (it does not modify the file, just the image in memory, because otherwise it would fail the CRC32 check and not connect to anything), and to an AV program, that does look dodgy. If you are paranoid, have a look at the .c and .asm files.

Yes, you WILL need to have that aos075-fixes.bin file in the directory that you run fix075.exe from, or something like that.

fix075.zip download

Enjoy.

By the way, if you have any more crashes, please please PLEASE note down the errors you get (the IP/EIP/RIP is what I mostly want, but any more info such as the memory it tried to read/write/execute from would be good, and stack traces are wonderful). Also PLEASE note down a way to reproduce this if possible, or how it happened.
GreaseMonkey
Bastion Member

Re: [Tool] GreaseMonkey's 0.75 hotfixer

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:20 am

GreaseMonkey wrote:I made a hotfixer. Currently this only fixes ONE crash bug in 0.75.

VISTA / 7 USERS: THIS DOES NOT WORK ON VISTA OR 7 YET. I AM LACKING A PIECE OF CODE TO FIND THE MODULE BASE ADDRESS, SO I AM USING THE DEFAULT OF 0x00400000. IF YOU WANT THIS TO WORK ON YOUR COMPUTER, FIND ME A PIECE OF CODE WHICH WILL GET ME THIS ADDRESS. Thanks.

Instructions:
  • Download and extract.
  • Go to an AoS server.
  • Run fix075.exe before you encounter the bugs, but after the CRC32 check is done (once the window appears you should be good).

Bugs that are currently fixed (I think):
  • The segfault that very often happens when you're spectating while dead, and cycling through your teammates. This pertains to gpixy (voxlap5.c) being calculated

Your antivirus might yell at you - this is because fix075.exe modifies client.exe while it is running (it does not modify the file, just the image in memory, because otherwise it would fail the CRC32 check and not connect to anything), and to an AV program, that does look dodgy. If you are paranoid, have a look at the .c and .asm files.

Yes, you WILL need to have that aos075-fixes.bin file in the directory that you run fix075.exe from, or something like that.

fix075.zip download

Enjoy.

By the way, if you have any more crashes, please please PLEASE note down the errors you get (the IP/EIP/RIP is what I mostly want, but any more info such as the memory it tried to read/write/execute from would be good, and stack traces are wonderful). Also PLEASE note down a way to reproduce this if possible, or how it happened.

Find dat piece òf code plz
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Re: [Tool] GreaseMonkey's 0.75 hotfixer

Postby Razor » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Does this fix constant crashing near the time of joining? I can barley get five minutes of play.
Razor

Return to Tools/Utilities