Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

BOTS in Ace of Spades (video)

Share your AoS videos and gfx!

Re: BOTS in Ace of Spades (video)

Postby Moonkey » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:08 pm

aceospades wrote:Alright, here it is, sweet and simple. I don't like those bots because they seem like mobs from Minecraft. They rush at the player without any heed to where they are going. If they were programmed to behave like real players, then yes they could serve a purpose, like when there are only a few players on a server. The bots could act as soldiers to make it more fun, and other players could still join in. Every time a player joins, a bot disappears. So yes, if they are refined I wouldn't mind them. Single player would work, and an app would be very nice if you could do online or offline. Right now I wouldn't mind being able to play it from my iPod. And no ill will meant to you. aceospades

Hey, listen up. THIS IS JUST A TEST OF THE BOTS. And secondly, THEY ARE MOBS FROM MINECRAFT. and thirdly THEY WILL TURN INTO REGULAR SOLDIERS, AIMING WITH THE GUNS HAVEN'T BEEN IMPLEMENTED YET :P. fourthly. I would love single player. The whole point of bots in my opinion is for server-wise/when you have high ping for the day and would like to play it off. There you go, sweet and simple. And loud. Just so you can stop trolling you gullible little boy.
Space Inspader
Moonkey

Postby Sniper101 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:13 pm

Moonkey wrote:
aceospades wrote:Alright, here it is, sweet and simple. I don't like those bots because they seem like mobs from Minecraft. They rush at the player without any heed to where they are going. If they were programmed to behave like real players, then yes they could serve a purpose, like when there are only a few players on a server. The bots could act as soldiers to make it more fun, and other players could still join in. Every time a player joins, a bot disappears. So yes, if they are refined I wouldn't mind them. Single player would work, and an app would be very nice if you could do online or offline. Right now I wouldn't mind being able to play it from my iPod. And no ill will meant to you. aceospades

Hey, listen up. THIS IS JUST A TEST OF THE BOTS. And secondly, THEY ARE MOBS FROM MINECRAFT. and thirdly THEY WILL TURN INTO REGULAR SOLDIERS, AIMING WITH THE GUNS HAVEN'T BEEN IMPLEMENTED YET :P. fourthly. I would love single player. The whole point of bots in my opinion is for server-wise/when you have high ping for the day and would like to play it off. There you go, sweet and simple. And loud. Just so you can stop trolling you gullible little boy.

Capital F for fourthly.
ImageImage
Sniper101
[DELTA] Member

Postby Space101 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:04 pm

My beloved hompy does the "impossible" again!
I'M GAY
Space101

Postby aceospades » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:05 pm

LASTofS wrote:

What part of that was sweet and simple?

It's quite simple. None of it! :) That was just a figure of speech. I was just saying what I thought about bots. aceospades
Is that you Luigi?
aceospades

Postby MegaDeuce » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:58 am

Hompy this is extremely impressive.

When I first watched the vidya I assumed you just had them running straight at the player, but then I saw where you said they were pathfinding in real time... like woah. It would be AMAZING if you taught them how to build!

You said weapons were the next chapter... are you reading a textbook on bot AI or what? :D
MegaDeuce

Postby Paratrooper » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:07 am

MegaDeuce wrote:Hompy this is extremely impressive.

When I first watched the vidya I assumed you just had them running straight at the player, but then I saw where you said they were pathfinding in real time... like woah. It would be AMAZING if you taught them how to build!

You said weapons were the next chapter... are you reading a textbook on bot AI or what? :D

He IS AI.
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby ThomasArcane » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:26 am

Nice.
ThomasArcane

Postby tcarson » Fri May 11, 2012 11:21 am

how did you make the bots
becareful nether look behind if you do your done for. becareful of my rifle if i see you i'll shoot and you'll be dead

Go to this link for my mods:
http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=8927
tcarson

Postby Gorman » Fri May 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Just because we can doesn't mean we should.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Space101 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:09 pm

tcarson wrote:how did you make the bots

I'd guess with PieThong huehuehuehue
I'M GAY
Space101

Postby Sniper101 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:15 pm

Space101 wrote:
tcarson wrote:how did you make the bots

I'd guess with PieThong huehuehuehue

Hahahahhahahahhaha! I get it (after staring at it for 30 mins)! Python - Piethong!!!! Cool!

But is this available for download. I don't really care it's still in beta, still seems fun to play with.
ImageImage
Sniper101
[DELTA] Member

Postby MrMeow » Fri May 11, 2012 8:16 pm

I want this.
ImageImage

<@StackOverflow> lets not get frisky here

On a boat for 1 week.
MrMeow

Postby HindMarauder » Wed May 30, 2012 12:38 pm

Is the scripting of the bots are having a progress?
It just became so inactive :/ wish that this will be done soon :D
HindMarauder

Postby Space101 » Wed May 30, 2012 3:32 pm

HindMarauder wrote:Is the scripting of the bots are having a progress?
It just became so inactive :/ wish that this will be done soon :D

I asked hompy the same thing, and he said that hasn't worked on it for a while now.

*sadfaec*
I'M GAY
Space101

Postby mikuli » Wed May 30, 2012 5:54 pm

Would it be possible to duct tape an aimbot on top of that code, with a configurable aiming error probability and reflex / speed? Maybe a flexible variable that accounts for the last reaction speed of the human player for a gradually toughening practice.

Would probably be fun trying my luck against 20 bots with equal speed and accuracy of my own - might even get better.
Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne
Join me in Tribes: Ascend! IGN: Mikuli
mikuli
Retired Staff Member

PreviousNext

Return to Media