Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

BOTS in Ace of Spades (video)

Share your AoS videos and gfx!

Re: BOTS in Ace of Spades (video)

Postby Nanners » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:17 am

They are like grunts on halo, they can't get rid of the grenade XD They just run at you holding a grenade :-)!
* USAB ([email protected]) has joined #AoS
* Q sets mode: +v USAB
<+ReubenMcHawk> omg USAB you quit the BOOYO clan?
<+USAB> wat
* USAB is now known as USABxBOOYO
Nanners
[LDR] Member

Postby swordoflightning » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:05 am

Nanners wrote:They are like grunts on halo, they can't get rid of the grenade XD They just run at you holding a grenade :-)!

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD THATS SO TRUE XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
they said i have a choice they were wrong... -[G33K]DARKNESS
swordoflightning

Postby HindMarauder » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:25 am

LASTofS wrote:
HindMarauder wrote:This could be very helpful for those who have annoying little sister who's always playing facebook games -_- which make your ping too high

Seriously? Facebook games increase your ping by that much?

Actually, yes. She always play 3 different games at 3 tabs at a time, she's using the desktop (sometimes I play Aos there), while I use my Father's laptop, very annoying when me and/or my elder bros are playing online :|
HindMarauder

Postby FNSaver » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:04 am

Hompy, nicely done, you magnificent bastard.
in the loving memory of Clover5.
greetings to my friends Garox and Taigar,
greetings to Hannah, Ballast, Tank, theGrandmaster, Mikuli.
FNSaver

Postby lehma18 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:37 am

One word; Epic
"Killing is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it"- Solid Snake
"I did what i was told to do, the best i could." - Simo Häyhä, legendary finnish sniper.
lehma18

Postby swordoflightning » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:54 am

lehma18 wrote:Image
One word; Epic

xD
they said i have a choice they were wrong... -[G33K]DARKNESS
swordoflightning

Postby AceOfBlades » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Looks amazing.
AceOfBlades

Postby aceospades » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:30 am

I personally don't like it. It seems a bit too Minecrafty. Plus Ace of Spades seems just fine right now
Why have bots when you can play against real people? I don't know what you think, but I think that bots
should stay out. Or if you have bots, why not make them regular soldiers? It would keep Ace of spades
a bit more distinguished. I hope AoS is around for a while. A long while.
Is that you Luigi?
aceospades

Postby Paratrooper » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:32 am

aceospades wrote:I personally don't like it. It seems a bit too Minecrafty. Plus Ace of Spades seems just fine right now
Why have bots when you can play against real people? I don't know what you think, but I think that bots
should stay out. Or if you have bots, why not make them regular soldiers? It would keep Ace of spades

Just to be clear, this isn't what the bots that hompy programmed are meant to do. This is a mere crude preview.
hompy wrote:The reason I'm being assaulted by creepers is that weapon usage is a whole different chapter I haven't started on yet. Barring AI-initiated construction pathfinding should be the hardest task, so progress should pick up soon! Could've made spade-berserk deuces instead but this seemed much more fun. Fluttershy made the awesome skins :)

The end product SHOULD be a normal and functioning regular soldier.
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby HindMarauder » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:33 am

aceospades wrote:I personally don't like it. It seems a bit too Minecrafty. Plus Ace of Spades seems just fine right now

It is very useful when your ping is high on all servers you joined, or if someones using wi-fi via your router and/or someones playing facebook games via router. And also is helpful when you add it at your own serverand take some practice and experience.
HindMarauder

Postby Sniper101 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:18 pm

Or to get massive killstreaks, take a pic of it with Fraps, then posting it on the forums and pretending that they are SO pro at this game.
ImageImage
Sniper101
[DELTA] Member

Postby hindos » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:18 pm

TheGrandmaster wrote:At last you have released the preview to the world!
Bots are possible as shown, but with alot of effort - hi-five to hompy for that.
The potential for bots is huge. I'm sure eventually they'll wield ordinary weapons.

So bots are planned :D ?

I can see a whole new realm opening up in the game with bots, singleplayer would be possible, training maps, and coop survival maps(two player vs bots). Perhaps even having bots on both teams. Then again we allready knew it was possible since other 3D dynamic terrain games e.g. minecraft have path-finding mobs. I see a potential side effect on performance and granny rig setups though.
hindos

Postby aceospades » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:18 am

HindMarauder wrote:

It is very useful when your ping is high on all servers you joined, or if someones using wi-fi via your router and/or someones playing facebook games via router. And also is helpful when you add it at your own serverand take some practice and experience.

Alright, here it is, sweet and simple. I don't like those bots because they seem like mobs from Minecraft. They rush at the player without any heed to where they are going. If they were programmed to behave like real players, then yes they could serve a purpose, like when there are only a few players on a server. The bots could act as soldiers to make it more fun, and other players could still join in. Every time a player joins, a bot disappears. So yes, if they are refined I wouldn't mind them. Single player would work, and an app would be very nice if you could do online or offline. Right now I wouldn't mind being able to play it from my iPod. And no ill will meant to you. aceospades
Is that you Luigi?
aceospades

Postby Fluttershy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:45 am

aceospades wrote:Alright, here it is, sweet and simple. I don't like those bots because they seem like mobs from Minecraft. They rush at the player without any heed to where they are going. If they were programmed to behave like real players, then yes they could serve a purpose, like when there are only a few players on a server. The bots could act as soldiers to make it more fun, and other players could still join in. Every time a player joins, a bot disappears. So yes, if they are refined I wouldn't mind them. Single player would work, and an app would be very nice if you could do online or offline. Right now I wouldn't mind being able to play it from my iPod. And no ill will meant to you. aceospades

You do realize the video was simply showcasing their path finding right?
Fluttershy

Postby LASTofS » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:07 am

aceospades wrote:Alright, here it is, sweet and simple. I don't like those bots because they seem like mobs from Minecraft. They rush at the player without any heed to where they are going. If they were programmed to behave like real players, then yes they could serve a purpose, like when there are only a few players on a server. The bots could act as soldiers to make it more fun, and other players could still join in. Every time a player joins, a bot disappears. So yes, if they are refined I wouldn't mind them. Single player would work, and an app would be very nice if you could do online or offline. Right now I wouldn't mind being able to play it from my iPod. And no ill will meant to you. aceospades

What part of that was sweet and simple?
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

PreviousNext

Return to Media