Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Tower of Babel screen shot thread

Share your AoS videos and gfx!

Re: Tower of Babel screen shot thread

Postby Silnius » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:09 pm

Yes, most of player don't build support, and just stairs.
But to win, it's simple, if there is organization. Players who attack and destroy ennemis tower, player who defend, player who build. That's all :)

A match with this map will be funny :)
Silnius
[Animus] Leader

Postby Drebbel » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:07 pm

I recognize a lot of those towers izzy :)

That example you mention was a very nice bridge with two different levels. We had a similar one yesterday, impossible to take down :)
Drebbel

Postby Drebbel » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:10 pm

izzy wrote:remember this first one from the other day, Drebbel? our team was working so well together, kept fighting off attackers and building upward while you and i worked on the bottom support. that was a lot of fun.

Yeah, I think that was the best tower Ive seen, mainly because of the great teamwork. If I remember correctly almost the whole staircase was covered at the sides as well.
Drebbel

Postby Space101 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:42 pm

I tried to play this gamemod, but it took my team 2 min to make fucking rage so hard.
I'M GAY
Space101

Postby CalenLoki » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:37 pm

if you see such fort, it's probably my creation. (there is 5 blocks moat in front of it, to prevent tunnelling)
In pace leones, in bello cervi
CalenLoki

Postby izzy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:53 pm

i saw one like it last night, stepped out of a tunnel into the moat and got killed instantly. great defensive strategy against tunnelers.

izzy
Site Admin

Postby CalenLoki » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:47 pm

I've already made like 3 of them after zone gets reduced, and few more before. As you can see, the one you posted have only 1 floor, isn't connected to the south tower, and trees aren't removed.
I'm still improving the design to be able to cover at last 2/3 of the front-line myself. You can never count on nooby teammates.
Some other advantages of such fort:
-it's just at the edge of where I can dig, so I can unblock windows/paths when my nooby teammate blocks them. I can also remove misplaced blocks.
-my griefing-happy teammates can't dig out front wall, because it can be done only from the moat, not from inside
-it has so many windows on front wall that enemy don't look at side towers (the ones designed for clearing moat)
-my cowardly autistic teammates see already started tower (my fort), and start building up close to the platform, which is more effective than building it far back and making horizontal bridge
-It's on the edge of protected zone, so enemy have to pass it to destroy blocks with bullets. If I'd make it few blocks to the east, they could shoot at tower from moat.
CalenLoki

Postby MegaDeuce » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:55 am

^This
MegaDeuce

Postby TheFineLine » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:29 am

One that we threw together real quickly.

This was built over the water. You can see a team mate trying to grief the support in the bottom left.

One that the blues built.
TheFineLine

Postby izzy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:32 pm

TheFineLine wrote:This was built over the water. You can see a team mate trying to grief the support in the bottom left.

lol that's awesome. i saw it on the map overview but didn't have a chance to get in the game. the green team looked so disadvantaged with all that water, don't tell me they actually won?
izzy
Site Admin

Postby CalenLoki » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:46 pm

Green team always win!
Once I joined match where it was 9:0 for blues, and we won anyway.
CalenLoki

Postby TheFineLine » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:49 am

izzy wrote:
TheFineLine wrote:This was built over the water. You can see a team mate trying to grief the support in the bottom left.

lol that's awesome. i saw it on the map overview but didn't have a chance to get in the game. the green team looked so disadvantaged with all that water, don't tell me they actually won?

Green team won by a landslide.

More pictures.

Both teams got towers up, but we lost this one. Also over water, but not nearly as bad last time.
TheFineLine

Postby izzy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:00 pm

izzy
Site Admin

Postby MegaDeuce » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:36 am

lol almost too pretty to shoot down.... almost.
MegaDeuce

Postby zephir » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:32 am

I thought you can't destroy blocks around your team's tower? then how can anyone on your team grief the tower?
they can't dig/break the blocks, they can't shoot the blocks, and grenades don't work.

here's 2 I built
http://i42.tinypic.com/2h67csx.jpg
This was the first built. I was determined to build something super ungriefable and that no one can take it down. well it did just that- no one every managed to break it. This is the only screenshot I have of it, someone put a cross on it while I as AFK for about 30 minutes. It eventually got to about 2/3rds way up to the platform and joined someone else's tower. it took forever and I had the command post part of the structure, since i needed more blocks constantly.

http://oi42.tinypic.com/xblp45.jpg
This is my second build. it was also near indestructible, no one managed to break the base of it. the base was built between two towers part of the map- between them in the command post. then it was tied to the tree to the front. About halfway up I started making it really simple and not surprisingly the other team brought that down pretty quick. I almost finished it but I was up so high I got vertigo.

And there's an amazing one that I helped fortify but not build:
http://i43.tinypic.com/dbla39.gif
one green tower that was too fragile and I built it up stronger (like 5X) and a huge stairs that someone else made. I did not build the the link between the two. Had vertigo. again.
zephir

PreviousNext

Return to Media