Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Tower of Babel screen shot thread

Share your AoS videos and gfx!

Re: Tower of Babel screen shot thread

Postby Carnage » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:20 am

MegaDeuce wrote:Image

I got the ball rolling on this one, happy to say the rest of the team pitched in and we made something awesome. The thin stairs that run above the whole thing were added last-minute, so we could get to the top super-easy.

Yeah, when I played on the Babel server, our tower was far from that. It was a 1 block x 1 block tower, which didn't last long...

Carnage
[SPQR] Member

Postby SIMOX » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:27 am

Something that my team built today. Good supportive construction was my addition cuz at the start they were building weak fast stairs like blue team stairs which I demolished later and then they came to destroy our tower/stairs.
My all mods are Here. My first map is Here
Plays Ace of Spades since 2011 April 11 [0.21]
SIMOX

Postby Carnage » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:29 am

SIMOX wrote:Something that my team built today. Good supportive construction was my addition cuz at the start they were building weak fast stairs like blue team stairs which I demolished later and then they came to destroy our tower/stairs.

Looks kinda' like the "Stairway to Heaven". Haha ^.^

Carnage
[SPQR] Member

Postby Conduit » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:02 am

GREEN MASTER TOWER.
MODS! http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3631
[SPQR]Conduit
PSN: MechaXeno1951

^ CLICK 4 LEGIT 100% FREE DEATHCLAWS!
Conduit
[SPQR] Member

Postby Seabert » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:17 pm

I love the click n drag option, gives you the option to build a tower fairly fast by yourself.
I'll post a picture of the tower once I know how to make it smaller. <_<
Seabert
[USAB] Member

Postby LASTofS » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:05 pm

Seabert wrote:I love the click n drag option, gives you the option to build a tower fairly fast by yourself.
I'll post a picture of the tower once I know how to make it smaller. <_<

Resize the width to 600 I think?
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby Drebbel » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:05 pm

double rainbows
Drebbel

Postby izzy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:33 pm

whoa! double rainbows! double rainbows all the way, whoa!
izzy
Site Admin

Postby danhezee » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:35 am

Ben and I were on the blue team working on a tower while most of the blues worked on another tower. The two towers merged at the peak of the platform creating a massive tower with two staircases 90 degrees of each other.

http://imgur.com/a/36lof#3
danhezee
Site Admin

Postby zephir » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:33 am

The stairs with a million legs
the second build using the concept, I build some 1x1 towers, first 5 blocks high, then 10, 15 and so on. to 30 blocks.
then I run a horizontal strip every 5 blocks high , build the stairs, fill the voids with latticework, then i started giving the stairs "legs" so it's harder to destroy. an enemy player would not only have to destroy the blocks holding the stairs, but also run around destroying all the legs or the structure won't fall. some of them ran right into the spawn...
this build some idiot blocked the stairs so I had to double back and build another stair above the original.

it's not a good screenshot, it's really 2D instead of a 3D image but basically the "legs" were quite a ways from the stairs- as much of 10 blocks to each side.

I kept improving and working on this style until I have this 8 story monster from the last game I played:
this build does not use any latticework. they're quick to build and quite resistant to destruction by individual attackers. other team members repeatedly built their stairs from the top of my stairs and it got destroyed over and over again.

more views:
the stairs are within the structure.
this type of tower/stair looks alot like the framework within the Empire State building. a bunch of cubes that makes up the structure. very strong and resistant to failure.

eventually the Blues (enemy) got to the top of the platform and decided my huge structure was too tall for their comfort. it still have easily 8 more floors to go before it'll reach the platform, but they decided it was more than tall enough. SO the entire blue team went to the platform with SMGs and raining an unending torrent of bullets and grenades for about 30 minutes. a determined, concentrated attack. and the aftermath (from spectator mode)

it doesn't look too bad, they only destroyed the top 2 floors of it.
notice the tower to the front is gone. they destroyed it with only bullets and grenades. the trashed the top of my tower with bullets. the rest of the structure is pretty solid.
zephir

Postby zephir » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:40 am

another tower build using the same concept from yesterday:
it's a combination of simple stairs and the cube type structure.

I started working on the frame & stairs immediately, it initially started within the tower like today's build but other people added on to it faster than I built the legs/frame, so I worked so the frame instead.

someone built that tower to the front, I started to connect to the tower to provide additional support under the stairs (light blue).

the big blue stairs to the back was built by someone else and they appeared to give up? probably realized its too far away.
zephir

Postby zephir » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:07 am

babel build from 10 days ago weeks ago with 0.70 rifle sniper reticles in 0.75 game. these are pin-point precise! but I modded them again to something else that's even better. if only I could create my own telescopic sight reticles... I have alot of interesting ideas worth trying.
that one I built way in the back with a thin little bridge to the intel platform.
th tower was fast to build however very vulnerable to attack (as seen here)

it wasn't long after this I came up with the idea of building huge structures that doesn't take up alot of blocks/time but due to its sheer size is difficult to destroy. this green tower seen here had a solid base approx 7 blocks wide and it ran probably 20-30 blocks to the tent. however a single person can undermine it in about a minute's worth of work... and due to a solid base it's vulnerable to grenades- you can stick one in there and destroy a 3x3x3 block area.
zephir

Postby Hotketchup » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:37 am

danhezee wrote:Ben and I were on the blue team working on a tower while most of the blues worked on another tower. The two towers merged at the peak of the platform creating a massive tower with two staircases 90 degrees of each other.

http://imgur.com/a/36lof#3

That tower was one of the best I've seen in a while.
Hotketchup

Postby Ultrayoshi49 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Not the best, but hey, it worked.
http://imgur.com/W5v28
[21:31] <+fLaMeOnCrack> Tell DE I'm sorry for insulting his greatness and if allowed, I would be happy to kiss his ass
Ultrayoshi49
Komrade Member

Postby LASTofS » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:41 am

Click the image for the entire album! :)
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

PreviousNext

Return to Media