Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Terraria

Talk about other games you know of - introduce them to the community!

Terraria

Postby ReubenMcHawk » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:57 am

In a nutshell, Terraria is a game that's kind of like 2D Minecraft, in a sense. There's a bit more of an RPG take to it though, there are monsters, bosses, and other fun stuff like that. Long story short, it's like the 1.8 Minecraft "Adventure" update done right.

There's singleplayer and multiplayer for it, I'd definitely recommend the multiplayer. I've spent the better part of the last few days on a server with some RoTbros and it's been incredibly fun.

It costs I believe $10 on Steam (assuming you buy it of course). Other info such as system requirements are available here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraria

Here's some screencaps of some fun stuff my friends have built in the past days:

http://screensnapr.com/e/6x5k7e.png

As well as a penis, which I was advised against posting here.

I'll have some of the actual houses tomorrow.
ReubenMcHawk

Re: Terraria

Postby TheGeekZeke101 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Swim my love <3

Retired Member Missing In Action As Of 7/26/12
TheGeekZeke101

Postby UNDERCOVER » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:33 pm

That game brings back so many good memories, man.

I got it the day it was released, I was very dumb at that time, I made a house completely out of stone but I didn't place any background walls, so I would always find a hoard of zombies inside my house at night. xD

I still have it, I kinda got bored, mainly because there aren't any servers to play on and I already got the best gear in singleplayer.

It's such a shame that Redigit stopped updating Terraria, this game has so much potential.

BTW, I think it would be a great idea if someone made an official AoS Terraria server on this forum.
tunaspirit wrote:So AoS is an actual army simulator?
I never knew Marines were fighting THAT much terrorist polaks and brazilians.
UNDERCOVER

Postby swim » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:42 am

TheGeekZeke101 wrote:Swim my love <3

swim

Postby SueSakamoto » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:21 am

UNDERCOVER wrote:I got it the day it was released, I was very dumb at that time, I made a house completely out of stone but I didn't place any background walls, so I would always find a hoard of zombies inside my house at night. xD

If you thought you were dumb doing that then it's time you hear about my experience trying to block zombies out with pillars of background walls.

I like the game, but I have a tendency to not play it for a long time and then start over with a new character the next time I play. The joy and newness of being a noob only comes once per vidyagaem.
... I'm not so grump.
SueSakamoto

Location: Imaginary castle in the middle of the US' famous Nowhere

Postby UNDERCOVER » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:04 am

SueSakamoto wrote:
UNDERCOVER wrote:I got it the day it was released, I was very dumb at that time, I made a house completely out of stone but I didn't place any background walls, so I would always find a hoard of zombies inside my house at night. xD

If you thought you were dumb doing that then it's time you hear about my experience trying to block zombies out with pillars of background walls.
Lawl!

I remember once making a house out of wood background walls, I was so irritated by the fact that I couldn't place doors, lol!

I also remember my first encounter with that worm creature that spawns in the Corruption, man, I shit my god damn pants.
tunaspirit wrote:So AoS is an actual army simulator?
I never knew Marines were fighting THAT much terrorist polaks and brazilians.
UNDERCOVER

Postby MrMeow » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:16 am

I arrrgh'd it and it wouldn't run on my computer the specs were too high.
ImageImage

<@StackOverflow> lets not get frisky here

On a boat for 1 week.
MrMeow

Return to Gaming