Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Warzone 2100

Talk about other games you know of - introduce them to the community!

Warzone 2100

Postby Sn3ky » Tue May 29, 2012 12:26 am

I may have put a post about this in a previous thread. But I decided to make a thread about it to try and bring more attention to it.

This game is called Warzone 2100. It is an RTS that is old but it is severely underrated. It is a game made by Eidos that was originally put on the PS1. There is a group that have started a Revival Project of the game and making it playable on the PC. This is FREE. It also includes a Singleplayer campaign that even teaches you everything that can be done in the multiplayer. Another challenging aspect to this game is that in multiplayer you dont start with premade designs for offensive units. You actually have to DESIGN your own offensive units by researching the turrets.

Here are a couple of screenshots (graphics aren't as great as most are now. remember this game was originally made in the 90s)
(the graphics in the first pic are blurred cus i had to stretch the photo to make it fit the post.)

System Requirements:
At least 1 GHz CPU
At least 128 MB VRAM
OpenGL 1.4 (make sure you have the latest drivers installed)
At least 100 MB free RAM for the game
At least 100 MB HD space for the game, up to 600 MB extra for the standard videos

Official website: http://www.wz2100.net

Virus Free! Just not that well-known. Enjoy!!
Sn3ky

Re: Warzone 2100

Postby King » Tue May 29, 2012 3:02 am

I absolutely loved this game. Though I remember it being insanely difficult as well.
King
<@> Member

Postby Sn3ky » Tue May 29, 2012 3:17 am

it is difficult. but they changed it quite a bit in the new pc version it is not as difficult. but the AI in skirmishes is a bit overpowered. you should really try this new one. up to 8 player multiplayer. its alot of fun.
Sn3ky

Postby Priok » Tue May 29, 2012 3:42 am

I tried it once or twice, but I never really got into it, it seemed a bit weird from what I remember
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=3112 - my mods
Ace of Spades leader board rank: 1
Priok

Postby HindMarauder » Tue May 29, 2012 4:03 am

Interesting :)
Downloading it now :D
HindMarauder

Postby gamax92 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:38 am

Oh I remember playing this game on the PS1. Specifically for all the glitches the game had.

Weirdest thing that happened in the game is when I tried to demolish a building, instead of demolishing it, it build a model of the demolishing truck that was like floating off the ground, and then froze.

I've also ran into a glitch where I was able to control one enemy vehicle. So I just drove it into our fort and then watched it get destroyed, except the game then froze after that.
"Rather instead me being an aimbot, maybe you just suck."
gamax92

Postby Sn3ky » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:34 am

gamax92 wrote:Oh I remember playing this game on the PS1. Specifically for all the glitches the game had.

Weirdest thing that happened in the game is when I tried to demolish a building, instead of demolishing it, it build a model of the demolishing truck that was like floating off the ground, and then froze.

I've also ran into a glitch where I was able to control one enemy vehicle. So I just drove it into our fort and then watched it get destroyed, except the game then froze after that.

true the PS1 had its glitches. the one on PC on the website has not had that glitch(that i know of) if anyone gets the game from the website. get version 2.3.9 that is the latest stable. no glitches that i have seen and i have played it for maybe 50 hours on record.
Sn3ky

Postby LASTofS » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:41 am

Damn, I loved this game as a child! I remember it as a demo with my Formula 1 racing game.. never bought the whole version but when the free version came out a few years back, I enjoyed it greatly. It's a fun game, and you'll have fun building up your army. It's kind of like Starcraft, in a sense (RTS).
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby Sn3ky » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:18 am

LASTofS wrote:Damn, I loved this game as a child! I remember it as a demo with my Formula 1 racing game.. never bought the whole version but when the free version came out a few years back, I enjoyed it greatly. It's a fun game, and you'll have fun building up your army. It's kind of like Starcraft, in a sense (RTS).

now you can play against other people and rock them with the tiny little ants that is a

GIANT CYBORG ARMY

btw i tend to do an evil laugh whenever i do acheive a large army
Sn3ky

Return to Gaming