Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Gotham City Impostors

Talk about other games you know of - introduce them to the community!

Gotham City Impostors

Postby USABxGUNSLINGER » Mon May 14, 2012 1:28 am

Summary: Gotham City Impostors is an FPS for PC, Xbox, and PS3. It has four different game modes, and features a high level of character and equipment customization. It's 6v6, and features numerous weapons, side items, and costume pieces. It's available on Steam and Origin, Xbox Live Arcade, and PSN respectively.

Story: Since it's a multiplayer-only game (aside from solo-challenges, and the tutorial), Gotham City Impostors doesn't have much of a storyline, although it has a general theme. You play as either a Vigilante dressed in a Bat-Man costume, or as a self-assigned "Junior Joker", dressed as said villain. You play on several maps focused on Gotham City locales, and the whole game itself has a light-hearted feel to it.

Gameplay: Gotham City Impostors comes down to a 6v6 multiplayer FPS, and although it shares resemblence to modern day shooters *cough* CoD *cough*, it's theme, tone, and customization set it apart. The game modes resemble regular game modes, such as Team Deathmatch, Tug-of-War, Hold-the-Flag, and Bounty Hunter. There are starter classes, that revolve around common FPS classes, but as you level up (did I mention there are 1000 levels to work towards?), you unlock custom class slots, and the ability to buy equipment for them. So, imagine a boring FPS, except you're running around in a Bat-Man costume, and throwing home-brew explosives at guys dressed like the Joker.

Customization: Gotham City Impostors sports one of the most highly customizable character systems I've seen. Once you get a custom class, the sky's the limit. You pick two weapons, and your weapons get a customizable gadget, and you can unlock paint jobs for them, by achieving different awards, two support items, two fun facts (small boosts to certain stats), body type, face type, psyche profile (your characters attitude, which gives you a boost to certain XP or stats, but gives you lower points for other XP methods), it's really mind-boggling. You can also unlock costume slots, which you use in-game costume coins to get new clothes, and stuff. You even get a calling card, which is shown on other people's screen when you kill them (and vice-versa), and you can earn different customizations for that. Trust me, it'll make sense if you play it.

Achievements:
One of the other perks of this game is the stat system. Like other arcade FPS games, this game saves every stat for personal bragging. You can also get "Feats", as I'll call them, for doing certain stuff. For example, if you kill enough people with the game's assault rifle, you'll get increasing level achievements (Assault Rifle Kills 1, Assault Rifle Headshots 1, etc.). During holidays, community challenges are uploaded, usually including a snowflake skin if you get 300-500 kills with a weapon during the challenges duration, and a calling card background if you play 50 matches during its duration. Like, for instance, today, there's Mothers Day themed challenges, which net you XP and costume coins (which are used to buy costumes, if I forgot to mention that).

System Requirements: For convenience, I'll put the system requirements here, for the PC

Minimum:
Processor: Dual Core CPU 2.5 GHz or higher (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Equivalent)
Memory: 1.5 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 6 GB free hard disk space
Video Card: 256 MB DX9 SM3+ Video Card (GeForce 8600 or ATI X1800 or better)
Sound: DX9 Compatible Sound Controller

Recommended:
Processor: Quad Core CPU 2 GHz or higher (Intel Core 2 Quad or AMD Equivalent)
Memory: 2GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 6 GB free hard disk space
Video Card: 512 MB DX9 High Performance SM3+ Video Card (GeForce 8800 or ATI X1900 or better)
Sound: DX9 Compatible Sound Controller
USABxGUNSLINGER
[USAB] Member

Re: Gotham City Impostors

Postby Priok » Mon May 14, 2012 1:30 am

it's a funny game, it is kind of like a mixture of CoD and TF2, but works surprisingly well. I have it on Xbox 360, but I haven't played it in a long time, I think I slowed down when the sword and handgun came out, I am not sure why
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=3112 - my mods
Ace of Spades leader board rank: 1
Priok

Postby FaZe » Tue May 15, 2012 2:18 am

I love it. Let's look at CoD, for example. They have millions and millions of dollars to work on a new game, and they hand us this unbalanced re-hash that caters to noobs. Then, there's Monolith Productions who had little time and money to start a game from scratch, and it turns out better than Mw3.
FaZe
[DELTA] Leader

Postby TheGeekZeke101 » Thu May 17, 2012 2:11 am

One of my favorite game. Love watching it \o/

Retired Member Missing In Action As Of 7/26/12
TheGeekZeke101

Return to Gaming