Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

What makes a good 2d game? (suggest-me-something thread)

Talk about other games you know of - introduce them to the community!

Re: What makes a good 2d game? (suggest-me-something thread)

Postby Yakkers » Wed May 30, 2012 7:21 pm

60 frames per second.
It's that important.
Yakkers

Postby lehma18 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:37 am

If you'd ask MY opinion, what makes a 2D survival horror game good is the soundtrack. Even the most detailed and horrifying monster is nothing without sound. Simplicity is always good - No need to make things too complicated. Where the zombies came from isn't important - You should focus on the main story line instead. Too much ammo takes the feel away, the game should be melee based with occasional guns for bosses and/or tight spots. You can't go wrong with SNES-styled pixel sprites. Food, day-night cycle, mental health and dehydration should be in the game.
"Killing is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it"- Solid Snake
"I did what i was told to do, the best i could." - Simo Häyhä, legendary finnish sniper.
lehma18

Postby NoireDust1046 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:44 pm

I'm not really sure how you wanna make your game ? Which position,like Super Mario World,Terraria or GTA 1 ?
If you ask me there should be THIS things in :

1.Good music
2.This "OMFG" moments when zombies or end bosses come from nowhere !
3. A MOTHERFU**ING GOOD STORY !!! Sry,but if you'll gonna shit up with the story like some bad Resident evil shooters I'll give it to ya with a CHAINSAW (WHEN I SAY IT,I MEAN IT !)
4.Some good perspective...
5. Me just saying : I'd just make it a FPS(with not that high graphics cus' my PC is a DINOSAUR ! RAAR),cus' like that it's easier to think of rooms and it's easier to make shocking scenes.
6.Let the Player fell the Characters Pain,that he can understand the Character and his feeling/actions.That's really important,cus' nobody wants to play an Pissy Mr Ass Hat -.-

I hope I could help you,will you put the download link in here then ?

~NoireDust1046
NoireDust1046

Postby darklord120 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:49 pm

two words
2D pixels
darklord120

Previous

Return to Gaming