Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Max Payne 1

Talk about other games you know of - introduce them to the community!

Max Payne 1

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Sat May 05, 2012 5:14 am

After browsing for a while, i noticed there isn't any topic about the Max Payne series. So? I decided to create one!
Copy-pasta:
Max Payne (voiced by James McCaffrey) is a fugitive DEA agent and former NYPD detective whose wife Michelle and newborn daughter were killed in connection with the Valkyr drug case. Max then goes undercover in the mob, and eventually becomes a one-man-army vigilante waging a personal war on crime (and in particular, those criminals responsible for his family's death). Max ends up killing hundreds of gangsters and conspiracy enforcers while on the run from the police determined on stopping his vendetta against all those responsible for his family's death.
Also, BULLET TIEM!
It's the first game to feature the bullet time effect popularized by The Matrix.
Not to mention of best music evar, and best gameplay evar.
If you are going to buy(or pirated it :P) make sure you check'd out the sound fix, for Vista and 7 in the 3D Realms forums.
EDIT: For anyone who was going to buy it, it was out on 2000, so i think most toaster can run it maxed out settings.
Last edited by MrHaaaaaaxFF on Sun May 06, 2012 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Re: Max Payne 1

Postby Fleischgeruch » Sat May 05, 2012 11:32 am

Mmm I haven't played this but saw other people play it. Pretty cool too.
Attention - User no longer active.
Supprising. Funny. Intidimating.
<+Enari> well, i've slept with 29 yearold that looks yunger
Fleischgeruch

Postby UNDERCOVER » Sat May 05, 2012 11:51 am

MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:After browsing for a while, i noticed there isn't any topic about the Max Payne series. So? I decided to create one!
Copy-pasta:
Max Payne (voiced by James McCaffrey) is a fugitive DEA agent and former NYPD detective whose wife Michelle and newborn daughter were killed in connection with the Valkyr drug case. Max then goes undercover in the mob, and eventually becomes a one-man-army vigilante waging a personal war on crime (and in particular, those criminals responsible for his family's death). Max ends up killing hundreds of gangsters and conspiracy enforcers while on the run from the police determined on stopping his vendetta against all those responsible for his family's death.
Also, BULLET TIEM!
It's the first game to feature the bullet time effect popularized by The Matrix.
Mention get! :P

Just kidding.

Anyway, a friend of mine keeps talking about this game non-stop, saying how it's the best game he ever played.

I'm thinking of getting it if the system requirements are right.
tunaspirit wrote:So AoS is an actual army simulator?
I never knew Marines were fighting THAT much terrorist polaks and brazilians.
UNDERCOVER

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Sun May 06, 2012 3:32 am

UNDERCOVER wrote:
MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:After browsing for a while, i noticed there isn't any topic about the Max Payne series. So? I decided to create one!
Copy-pasta:
Also, BULLET TIEM!
Mention get! :P

Just kidding.

Anyway, a friend of mine keeps talking about this game non-stop, saying how it's the best game he ever played.

I'm thinking of getting it if the system requirements are right.

No worries, it can run on maxed graphics on computers these days.
Also, if you're running Windows Vista and above, don't forget to find the sound fix! Yea, i download it with no sounds, for some reason :( (It's in 3D Realms forums :D)
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Return to Gaming