Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

True Combat: Elite

Talk about other games you know of - introduce them to the community!

True Combat: Elite

Postby Sniper101 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:35 pm

True Combat: Elite is a pretty cool game I've found on the web. I'll let the game website speak for itself now:

Description:
TrueCombat:Elite (TCE) is a modern world total conversion of the free, popular, stand-alone third-person shooter, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. That is, TCE is an entirely free game, made by gamers, for gamers. Now, the most important question: "What can I expect from TCE?"

TCE is a tactical-team shooter, set up in a modern-world environment. TCE puts you into the role of elite mercenary soldier in the conflicts of two internationally operating forces. The Global Intervention Force (GIF626 aka in-game as "Spec Ops") is a special force formed of the top of the world experts joining from US Delta force, UK SAS, German KSK and GSG9, to mention a few. An international mercenary organization known as "The Unit" (aka "Terror" in-game) is their opponent. It was reported that some members of the Unit were once with the Special Op forces, but the lure of money was strong.

You say to yourself, "Yet another terror counter-terrorism shooter. Why the hell should I try it? Been there, done that!"

We say: Because you don't have to spend a cent (it's totally free) and it features:

-tactical-teamplay oriented, modern-world combat simulation
-realistic weapon behavior simulation
-iron sight aiming system, no crosshair
-sophisticated ballistic simulation including multiple-layer object penetration
-professional mode: 1-life, short-timed, objective driven scenarios in realistic environments
-independent minimods: objective, bodycount and capture the flag
-balanced, team specific set of real-world weapons (Beretta 92, Glock 19, Ump45, Mac-10, M4, Ak-47, and much more)
-rich, deluxe graphics, based on high-resolution digital-camera shots and HDR lighting
-lag compensation, client-side bullet prediction, punkbuster support
-immersive and lethal, fast-paced action

Unfortunately, the game is pretty much dead now. There are almost no servers or people playing this game. If the people of the AoS community decides to start playing this awesome game and make 1 or 2 servers, the game might become popular again.

LINKS

Official Trailer
Gallery
Download Page (with links to Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and all)
Main Website
ImageImage
Sniper101
[DELTA] Member

Re: True Combat: Elite

Postby xXxGpridexXx » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:15 pm

"holy shet dis game so kewli wan qs so hard, insta-download"

No really, This game is actually good but my pc is kinda shit So i wont be able to download it thoroughly. But I'll give the game a shot :P
Join [TRE] Today!

BE THE LEAF!

<+Fleischy> I love buttwalking

IGN: [TRE]Gpride.

RAAASSSEEEENNGAAAAN!!

FLOW FTW!
xXxGpridexXx

Postby Falk3n » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:46 am

Man, I used to play this back in the day... So many good hours of gaming. This was the game where I actually got good at FPS games. Glad to see someone actually knows about it. Development slowed down a while ago. But I think they are looking into moving to CoD4 as the base for the mod. I'd really like to see it do as well as it did before when I played it.
Falk3n

Postby Sniper101 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am

Falk3n wrote:Man, I used to play this back in the day... So many good hours of gaming. This was the game where I actually got good at FPS games. Glad to see someone actually knows about it. Development slowed down a while ago. But I think they are looking into moving to CoD4 as the base for the mod. I'd really like to see it do as well as it did before when I played it.

CQC is also nice.
ImageImage
Sniper101
[DELTA] Member

Return to Gaming