Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

TF2 settings

Talk about other games you know of - introduce them to the community!

TF2 settings

Postby kmaj » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:24 am

Despite my computer being far above the minimum settings, I still get "lag" when playing. It's not actual lag, because I don't have a bad ping, but it's equally frustrating (especially when playing as Scout). I turned all the settings to the minimum, is there anything else I can do?
kmaj
[FF] Leader

Re: TF2 settings

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:47 pm

kmaj wrote:Despite my computer being far above the minimum settings, I still get "lag" when playing. It's not actual lag, because I don't have a bad ping, but it's equally frustrating (especially when playing as Scout). I turned all the settings to the minimum, is there anything else I can do?

Remove the hats. Doing this by finding the stuff on Google, and you will find it in Steam-Powered User Forums. Also, you may want a no-phong skin pack. Also, change the game to DirectX 8, for better performance.
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby kmaj » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:26 am

I can't change DirectX to 8, so I installed the "NoHats" mod and a config to increase FPS. Now it runs better, but crashes when i destroy tanks in MvM. However, I saw that the software's DirectX is updated to 9.0, while the hardware one is the 8.1 version. Could this be the problem?
kmaj
[FF] Leader

Postby Moghard » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:25 am

MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:no-phong skin pack

I don't think Phong Shading is the reason he got crappy frame rate.

Can you change the way game render things? If you can, choose openGL. It should run a lot faster than Software rendering.
Moghard

Location: In a dimension, where i live with other mighty Dwarves and eat lots of kaymak.

Postby kmaj » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:11 pm

Moghard wrote:
MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:no-phong skin pack

I don't think Phong Shading is the reason he got crappy frame rate.

Can you change the way game render things? If you can, choose openGL. It should run a lot faster than Software rendering.

I can't. I also downloaded DirectX 9 and it appears that it's up to date.
kmaj
[FF] Leader

Postby KnightOfPC » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Search up Chris Tf2 configs. Download "Max Performance" Everything will look crappy, but it's playable.
People in your clan will come and go, but stay with the clan and the remaining will stay and help rebuild.
KnightOfPC
[USAB] Member

Postby Tek2 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:27 pm

KnightOfPC wrote:Search up Chris Tf2 configs. Download "Max Performance" Everything will look crappy, but it's playable.

I'd try high fps first so it wouldn't look so awful.
Tek2

Return to Gaming