Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

|Halo Mega-Thread|

Talk about other games you know of - introduce them to the community!

Re: |Halo Mega-Thread|

Postby HaloWarLord711 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:25 pm

dat is a sexy beast right there, best looking armor so far IMO

It's better to walk in the dark with a friend than it is to walk alone in the light.
HaloWarLord711
[LDR] Member

Postby Ultrasonic » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:04 am

Woot! Halo! Gunslinger, can you change the date for Halo: 4 to the 6th of November.
Razor wrote:Well young sir, you are about to go on a long adventure.

Halos are a ringworld mega-structure created by the Forerunners as an absolute last resort for their war against the parasite Flood. There were originally 12 of these scattered around the Milky Way Galaxy. These ringworlds were WMDs to wipe out all sentient life in the galaxy and eventually starving the Flood to death. The Didact activated these Halos as a final suicidal attempt to end the Flood for good, therefore killing all their food.

inb4coolstorybro

I have a question...if the Flood were starved, then how come in Halo: CE, there were Flood? I have little knowledge about the back-story and prolouge so tell me everything.
IGN: {DSC]Alpha | Ex-Leader of [G3N], current Leader of {DSC] | Latest Video: EPIC sKILLS Entry #2
Ultrasonic

Location: Ditching Sleepy while he went to the toilet, leaving him to pay, and me a free cup o' mooch

Postby Varun » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:27 am

I'm not entirely sure, because my knowledge isn't immeasurable, but I believe that they were sealed away. You know, kind of like how they eradicated smallpox, but kept a little to study. Although, that wouldn't be a great explanation since there wouldn't be anything for them to eat while they were sealed away. Unless of course, they were placed in cryogenics or maybe hibernation, similar to how the Chief and Linda were put in cryo.

Or, maybe they're just like some other parasites, and very hard to destroy. Its either those two, or maybe it just redeveloped after the Forerunners killed it off the first time.

Those are the most likely I can think of, but the last two are assumptions.

EDIT: It turns out, what I said in my first paragraph is correct. The forerunners kept samples of the Flood, maybe for the monitors to study. There would have been failsafes to prevent their escape, but I reckon that those failsafes...... failed. They would have awoken once they "smelled", so to speak, the foolish Covenant who opened their tomb. The stupid Covenant were looking for tech, but found something worse. Far worse. Far, far, far worse. There probably would have been flood samples everywhere, on may installations. Don't rule out the possibility of the flood returning.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby Ultrasonic » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:43 am

Varun wrote:I'm not entirely sure, because my knowledge isn't immeasurable, but I believe that they were sealed away. You know, kind of like how they eradicated smallpox, but kept a little to study. Although, that wouldn't be a great explanation since there wouldn't be anything for them to eat while they were sealed away. Unless of course, they were placed in cryogenics or maybe hibernation, similar to how the Chief and Linda were put in cryo.

Or, maybe they're just like some other parasites, and very hard to destroy. Its either those two, or maybe it just redeveloped after the Forerunners killed it off the first time.

Those are the most likely I can think of, but the last two are assumptions.

EDIT: It turns out, what I said in my first paragraph is correct. The forerunners kept samples of the Flood, maybe for the monitors to study. There would have been failsafes to prevent their escape, but I reckon that those failsafes...... failed. They would have awoken once they "smelled", so to speak, the foolish Covenant who opened their tomb. The stupid Covenant were looking for tech, but found something worse. Far worse. Far, far, far worse. There probably would have been flood samples everywhere, on may installations. Don't rule out the possibility of the flood returning.

Alright, now I understand. Lets just say that the failsafes failed to safekeep them...heheh.
IGN: {DSC]Alpha | Ex-Leader of [G3N], current Leader of {DSC] | Latest Video: EPIC sKILLS Entry #2
Ultrasonic

Location: Ditching Sleepy while he went to the toilet, leaving him to pay, and me a free cup o' mooch

Postby HaloWarLord711 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:03 pm

Ultrasonic wrote:
Varun wrote:

Alright, now I understand. Lets just say that the failsafes failed to safekeep them...heheh.

well the covenant opened up the containment areas and released the flood, they tried to lock it back down but captain Keyes and his marines unlocked it again

It's better to walk in the dark with a friend than it is to walk alone in the light.
HaloWarLord711
[LDR] Member

Postby USABxGUNSLINGER » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:50 am

HaloWarLord711 wrote:Image

dat is a sexy beast right there, best looking armor so far IMO

Not as cool as the Recruit Armor I'll be getting with my pimped out Limited Edition.

Also, humans are so stupid.
USABxGUNSLINGER
[USAB] Member

Postby razor10000 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:12 am

HaloWarLord711 wrote:
Ultrasonic wrote:
Varun wrote:

well the covenant opened up the containment areas and released the flood, they tried to lock it back down but captain Keyes and his marines unlocked it again

What Varun said.
IGN: Razor
"I don't make dead people, I make home-made tomato sauce that dead people can't bother to lick off their face."- Razor
Click this for free shit!
razor10000

Previous

Return to Gaming