Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Dragons Dogma-ITT we discuss the last pig thrown off a cliff

Talk about other games you know of - introduce them to the community!

Dragons Dogma-ITT we discuss the last pig thrown off a cliff

Postby Fluttershy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:51 am

Dragons dogma is pretty damn good. Pretty much you walk around for 50 minutes, find a random giant mob, then jump on it and proceed to gouge its eyes out because it looked at you funny. It also features one of the best online gaming around, in that you dont play with other people period(Yes, that is the best online gaming ever) but just take their pawn out for a walk.

360/PS3 exclusive

entirely single player

make groups of 4, yourself, your main pawn and two random/friend's pawn

Character customization far better then games like skyrim, because you can actually be a fat midget if you want (you make your character and main pawn)

AI controlled companions called pawns will be your party members should you desire

simple and flexible class system consisting of 9 classes (3 of which are main player exclusive)

boss fights that dont consist of you slashing at the ankles of shit til it drops dead, now you have the option of crawling around on their bodys to chop away at their weak points

Oh right, obligatory "TIS FAR STRONGER THAN A COMMON GOBLIN"
Fluttershy

Re: Dragons Dogma-ITT we discuss the last pig thrown off a c

Postby USABxGUNSLINGER » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:07 am

From what I've heard (or read, really), it lacks heart (along with the main character. What's up with that, how does one survive without a heart?)
USABxGUNSLINGER
[USAB] Member

Postby Fluttershy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:20 am

USABxGUNSLINGER wrote:From what I've heard (or read, really), it lacks heart (along with the main character. What's up with that, how does one survive without a heart?)

Magic. But what do you mean it lacks heart? (or are you just trying to be punny?)
Fluttershy

Postby USABxGUNSLINGER » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:42 pm

Fluttershy wrote:Magic. But what do you mean it lacks heart? (or are you just trying to be punny?)

Although I'm not influenced directly by magazine reviews, Xbox Official Magazine said it had good elements, but the game had a lack of originality (like in the environment).
USABxGUNSLINGER
[USAB] Member

Postby EldredChandler » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Fluttershy wrote:Character customization far better then games like skyrim, because you can actually be a fat midget if you want (you make your character and main pawn)

Like every recent RPG however, I haven't been able make a good looking character.
[12:01] <+Kodiak> I'm a homosexual
EldredChandler
Bastion Warden

Postby Frostified » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:57 pm

USABxGUNSLINGER wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:Magic. But what do you mean it lacks heart? (or are you just trying to be punny?)

Although I'm not influenced directly by magazine reviews, Xbox Official Magazine said it had good elements, but the game had a lack of originality (like in the environment).

How can an environment be unoriginal? Trees have already been used in games 1000x's of times.
<Grandy> Just wanted to say I hate you all
<StackOverflow> rambo famous is like being nicki minaj famous
<StackOverflow> you haven't really accomplished anything and everybody laughs at you
Frostified

Return to Gaming