Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Talk about other games you know of - introduce them to the community!

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Postby Winston » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:24 am

While Battlefield 3 is out there, is Bad Company 2 still popular?
Yes it is :D!

Bad Company 2, with the Frostbite 1 engine, is much different to BF3, and has less requirements :3
Houses can collapse, nearly EVERYTHING is destructible!

Vietnam adds the Flame thrower and amazing maps :D

I just bought this game, and it was worth it.

It currently costs $20 on Steam, and another $15 for the Vietnam Expansion, check out the Steam page for more info on it - http://store.steampowered.com/app/24960/

If you have it, then add me on Steam and we can play together, my nickname is "Winston_", e-mail is "[email protected]". I hope to see you soon on the Battlefield :3

Any good memories with Bad Company 2? Or do you even still play it like me?

Discuss
Winston
[C.H] Leader

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Postby ChaosTLW » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:48 am

Oh yeah, I was playing this game last week on PS3. Still feels good man. I nearly got shot with an RPG in Valparaiso RUSH, then I went low as a counter-measure, and I accidentally hit a rock with the belly of the chopper. Roadkill :3
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby aceospades » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:07 am

It's a great game! Even though I don't have the console version. :) I do have the iOS version, and it's really good. Gameplay is usually very entertaining, and it's not terribly hard. At least on easy. :D So yeah, it's a good game. The only other thing that would make it better would be more maps and weapons.
Is that you Luigi?
aceospades

Postby razor10000 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:48 am

I want this so bad! Apparently, it's better than Battlefield 3 and still has active players.
IGN: Razor
"I don't make dead people, I make home-made tomato sauce that dead people can't bother to lick off their face."- Razor
Click this for free shit!
razor10000

Postby ChaosTLW » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:53 am

razor10000 wrote:I want this so bad! Apparently, it's better than Battlefield 3 and still has active players.

Well, I wouldn't exactly say better. Each one has his charm. That's like comparing a Chevy and a Ford, if you get what I say. BC2 has less variety, do not have Jets, although it doesn't really impact the game that much if you are a PTFO guy, and, at least IMO, it has more colors, you know. In BF3, everything is so... gray. Also, in BF3 the campaign is much more serious, in BF BC2 it was more humorous. I loved the BF BC2 campaign, the BF3 campaign felt like it was just thrown in there, just to say it had one.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Winston » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:12 am

Compared to Battlefield 3
- Better Terrain
- More Colourful Maps
- (Vietnam) Flamethrowers :3
- (Vietnam) THERE'S THE RADIO IN TANKS AND CARS! HELL YES!
- Minigun on choppers have a spin up time
- People work more as a team
- (Vietnam) FLAME TANKS!!!

BUT...
- No Jets
- Inability to prone
- No proper assassination
Winston
[C.H] Leader

Postby ChaosTLW » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:29 pm

Winston wrote:Compared to Battlefield 3
- Better Terrain
- More Colourful Maps

BUT...
- No Jets
- Inability to prone

Add "less variety in guns" too. After some 30 levels I got bored of the guns, I had already played with all the ones I liked, and the others, well, I didn't liked them lol
#1 most active member

ChaosTLW

Postby Winston » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:01 pm

ChaosTLW wrote:
- Better Terrain
- More Colourful Maps

BUT...
- No Jets
- Inability to prone

Add "less variety in guns" too. After some 30 levels I got bored of the guns, I had already played with all the ones I liked, and the others, well, I didn't liked them lol

No, the variety of guns is the same, maybe even better.
Winston
[C.H] Leader

Postby ChaosTLW » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:32 pm

Winston wrote:
ChaosTLW wrote:
- Better Terrain
- More Colourful Maps

BUT...
- No Jets
- Inability to prone

No, the variety of guns is the same, maybe even better.

Meh, I felt it had less variety. In BF3 you can make MUCH more variations with the attachments. The same weapon can be radically different depending on the combo you use. In BC2 you had the sights and a couple of specializations for your soldier in the first slot, and the a couple more with the second slot, besides the Nade Launcher for the Assault kit.
#1 most active member

ChaosTLW

Postby Moghard » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:28 pm

My PC can't run Gothic 3 D:
Moghard

Location: In a dimension, where i live with other mighty Dwarves and eat lots of kaymak.

Postby Winston » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:04 am

Moghard wrote:My PC can't run Gothic 3 D:

Erm... This is Bad Company 2, not Gothic 3...
Winston
[C.H] Leader

Postby Fezz » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:09 am

I still LOVE this game. In my opinion it's better than bf3. I'm better at bfbc2 than in bf3 for some reason.
Fezz

Postby Moghard » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Winston wrote:
Moghard wrote:My PC can't run Gothic 3 D:

Erm... This is Bad Company 2, not Gothic 3...

I mean, that i can't say anything about this game, because even Gothic 3 can't run on my shitty Pc. I won't even try to play Bf:Bc2 :P
Moghard

Location: In a dimension, where i live with other mighty Dwarves and eat lots of kaymak.

Postby harlsberg » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:44 am

sound is the best in any game ive played ever, BF3 sounds like airsoft and nailguns to me
game doesnt try to beat COD nearly as hard and has some originality to it
the US OIC guy in multiplayer has no fucking clue what hes doing and hearing YEAH, UHH WE SECURED THE ERR OBJECTIVE, ITS UNDER CONTROL is much better than BE ADVISED WE HAVE NEUTRALIZED THE OBJECTIVE, OVER. to me.
the gunplay is better too, in BF3 its all about getting as much lead down range as possible, i used to tap the fire button after sprinting to stop in BC2 but i just pop of a round when i dont want to in BF3. even in the scripted animations like when your buddy gets shot in the first mission you still fire your weapon.

the only thing BF3 really did better were the correct weapon operations, which still arent correct. you cant fire the round in the chamber with the magazine out, no +1 on shotguns, you clear the chambered round in a machine gun AFTER taking the belt out etc.
harlsberg

Postby Priok » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:18 am

yeah, I agree

another thing I don't really like about BF3 is they pretty much made the standard class be medic, they should have just kept it the same way as BFBC2 or added a 5th class. the lighting system in that game is also super annoying
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=3112 - my mods
Ace of Spades leader board rank: 1
Priok

Next

Return to Gaming