Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Flatspace

Talk about other games you know of - introduce them to the community!

Flatspace

Postby SIMOX » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:03 pm

Flatspace is a space trading and exploration game for Windows PC (Also available for iPhone). 3D with a top down viewpoint, the game has elements of classic space trading games like Elite and Rogue-like games such as Nethack.

There is a lot I could tell about this game but I'm lazy to type that much so I'll give you the link to it.
Game website: http://www.lostinflatspace.com

Multiplayer: No. It's because the player base is so small that if there were a server and all people that have the game played on it at the same time, the map (which is from 28x28 separate squares) would be 91% empty.
====================================================================================
====================================================================================
Full title: Flatspace
Price: $12.00 USD.
Screenshots:
Image Image Image Image

Only humans apear in the first flatspace game. Doesn't look that good as Flatspace II and is less balanced. Like there can be more random unfair events that can kill the player. Can't tell much about first flatspace as I didn't play a lot of it. All i know is that Second one and even the last one are the best.
Full title: Flatspace II: The Rise of the Scarrid
Price: $24.00 USD
Screenshots:
Image Image Image Image

The one that I used to play and still sometimes play it. Considering that I earned a lot of cash and bought the biggest ship in the game Screeny (That thing is also available in Flatspace II). And when you start killing everyone, not just pirates but cops, bounty hunters, (aliens by default) starts to hunt you. Then all the action starts. As it can be a little bit booring at the start but as soon as you start transporting people, cargo then there is a huge possibility that the pirates will be on your ass soon.
Full title: Flatspace II: The Scarrid Dominion
Price: $16.00 USD
Screenshots:
Newest part of Flatspace yet there aren't many screenshots of the game though it is released. Looks pretty much like the Flatspace II. There are some new features and modding ability. You can read a little bit more on MarkSheeky's blog or on the game website

Overall I'd rate it - 8.5/10. Since I haven't found another such unique game. Though there could be more content on it.
So If you ever gonna buy it, get the Flatspace IIk and support the developers as it's not so popular indie game.
My all mods are Here. My first map is Here
Plays Ace of Spades since 2011 April 11 [0.21]
SIMOX

Re: Flatspace

Postby Priok » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:44 pm

it looks pretty cool, I think I remember a game kind of like this, it was called something like Wazzal, but I think it's more about pirating or something. I will check it out sometime, I like the 3d models
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=3112 - my mods
Ace of Spades leader board rank: 1
Priok

Return to Gaming