Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Deus Ex builds

Talk about other games you know of - introduce them to the community!

Deus Ex builds

Postby MrMeow » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:50 pm

Hello, I have just recently gotten Deus Ex and it appears I cannot make it through the first real level! So here is what this thread is for, What builds do you use?

Sorry if I seem like a flaming nooblet but the skill system is new and confusing...
ImageImage

<@StackOverflow> lets not get frisky here

On a boat for 1 week.
MrMeow

Re: Deus Ex builds

Postby zephir » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:15 pm

Deus Ex builds? what do you mean by that? and which game? Deus Ex 1, 2, or 3?
and I don't recall the game having levels (Deus Ex 1 & 2, haven't played 3) DX 1 & 2 are linear story-type gameplay, there's really no levels.
the easiest way to play is to kill anyone that got in your way.
the hardest way is to sneak and kill no one. i usually do that after completing the game few times
zephir

Postby Fluttershy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:27 pm

zephir has a point, which one is it? If its HR, go full invisibility first, then invest in faster charge. After that do whatever you want (id probably invest in double punches and then hacking for more exp). Dont waste points on the stupid facial recognition crap, as its plenty easy to win arguments with out it.
Fluttershy

Postby MrMeow » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:07 pm

It's the original, Sorry about not being clear about it.
ImageImage

On a boat for 1 week.
MrMeow

Postby zephir » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:03 pm

well in the orginal there's skills and augs. how you spend the skill points to upgrade levels is up to you and your style of game play, I start with computer skills (hacking), lock pick, and rifle.
first aug choice you'll find in the game is run silent vs run faster, I find run faster is more useful (i'm not much for sneaking).

well i hope i don't spoil the game, I practically played the game to death and remember the first half exceptionally well.
the first level can be completed without killing anyone- after meeting Paul Denton select whatever weapon you like the most. don't bother with the gep gun, it just wastes inventory space. unless you plan a frontal assault you don't need it anyway.

this is an approximate enemy layout of hte first "level"
http://i.imgur.com/CMXXN.jpg
not shown are the enemies in the liberty statue base. there's quite a few of them but if you go in from the back way ou can avoid most of them.

I recommend getting the tranq darts from paul, this way you can perform silent take downs and avoid gunfights. you don't start with much ammo (6 rounds).
you can also use the bots to kill the enemy for you. all you got to do is have them see you and give chase, and you run back to where the allied bot is. once the bot gets hit it'll mow down the enemy for you. then loot the body for ammo.
this is probably the best way to kill the first 3 nearest the south dock.
then just use the tranq darts at maximum range, shoot and run, the enemy will faint in a few seconds and you just double back and loot his body for more ammo.
you cna sneak in from the backside, on the way to the north dock. there's a huge pile of crates that when you climb on, you gain access to the upper decks of the liberty base. take out a few guys, use the outside stairs to the upper deck, the entrances to the statue (where the objective is) there have gas grenades, just frob them and they'd be deactivated, frob again and you get them in inventory. there's two dudes inside, kill them both, and go up the stairs, two more dudes, kill them, up a ladder and you'll get to the objective.
after you talk to the leader there's a aug canister near him that you can take, you can kill the first unatco troop you see for his sub gun but not any others (they're invincible).
then just head down to the unatco entrance (also labeled on map) for the next level.

there's way more to the level than this, you can explore later if you want.
zephir

Postby MrMeow » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:05 am

Thanks for the assistance, Is heavy weapons worth taking?
ImageImage

On a boat for 1 week.
MrMeow

Postby zephir » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:26 am

if you get he gep gun you'll use it like 8 times in the next few levels. the gep gun does come in handy towards the later half of the game, but it just takes up so much space...
now, there is a glitch (depends on patch version) that allows the gep gun not to take up a ton of storage space but that's kinda cheating.

HW skill: that's up to you, if you plan on using them alot... the gep gun takes up too much space and unless you plan to using a plasma rifle, flamethrower or the LAW rocket launcher alot it's really not that useful.
I find the demo skill alot more useful, both throwing grenades more accurately and more time to defuse them.
zephir

Postby MrMeow » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:37 am

Well, I was planning on a character that basically blows everything to soup.
My original was Explosives, Heavy weapons and Low-Tech.

Pretty much a tank character.
ImageImage

On a boat for 1 week.
MrMeow

Return to Gaming