Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Rise of Nations

Talk about other games you know of - introduce them to the community!

Rise of Nations

Postby Conduit » Wed May 16, 2012 3:42 am

'' Legend once told of a Godly Real Time Strategy Game. One that was crafted from the great smith Lord Hephaestus himself, from within the bowls of the mighty Labyrinth. It was given a much worthy name. Zeus had given said name. Its name was '' HolyPoopWhatAGreatGameEtues ''. This was soon discovered by mighty mortal hero's, like Achilles. After much research, the name was finally translated for human minds. To this day, it is now known as ' Rise of Nations '... ''

Anyhoo, yep. Rise of nations is a RTS game made by Big Huge Games and Microsoft!
The player must select a country, and with simple resources and mind in hand, craft a mighty empire! The game's objective is to conquer all! The game spawns over many ages within the history of man, from the early days of man, to modern day!
Build a city, gather resources and expand! Rinse, Wash and repeat! '' Wow, thats BORING '', Said Deuce10.
Well, don't fret! When not spending resources on construction and technology research, you can use said resources to advance and build mighty armies! The armies contain units that change over time periods. Rocks in slings, to Bows n' arrows, to early musket rifles, to WW1 Bolt Action, to WW2 Infantry, to modern day assault! Horse back rider to A knight, to a more advanced knight, to a Calvary man armed with early gun powder weapon, to a WW1 Style light armoured car, to a Ww2 Armoured Car ( Half track or whatever! ) To a modern day Infantry Fighting Vehicle! And so on!
Whats that? Not good at LAND ARMIES? Well then, build a navy, or an airforce! Combine all these into a brute war machine!
Lets just say your enemy has build some mighty defences, and you can't breach? Well then, its time to make an I.C.B.M. Thats right...A NUKE. But using a nuke would cause the Armageddon clock to begin, and could result in a nuclear fallout, making all players lose!

In the end, you chose the way you wanna play! Focus on cities, and resources! Spend big bucks to construct mighty wonders like The Kremlin, or Eiffel Tower!
Hate building? Then craft mighty land, air and sea armies and conquer the enemy!
Thats it! R.O.N. My fave RTS.
Also, at this age, its a cheap buy! Around 10 dollars at most retail stores, and it can run on any rig! Its also very pretty looking.

Have fun!
MODS! http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3631
[SPQR]Conduit
PSN: MechaXeno1951

^ CLICK 4 LEGIT 100% FREE DEATHCLAWS!
Conduit
[SPQR] Member

Re: Rise of Nations

Postby USABxGUNSLINGER » Wed May 16, 2012 4:10 am

Sounds like a good game, is it available on Steam/Desura/Some other downloadable platform?
USABxGUNSLINGER
[USAB] Member

Postby Varun » Wed May 16, 2012 7:10 am

^IDK about that,

But I love the series. After The Age of Empires series, and the Warhammer 40k series, it is my fav RTS. I love how easy it is to kill your own men without realising it. Once, I had this massive firefight between a bunch of tanks and my foot men. To help the me out, I built a nuke and sent it at the tanks. I didn't realise that the tanks had pulled back a bit, making my men come closer. I killed the tanks, but lets just say that in the cyber world, a lot of condolence letters went home that day.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby Conduit » Wed May 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Lol, ya.
When I was a little ol' noob, when I'd get invaded I'd try using nukes as a quick solution, but I end up causing more damage to my self, then the invader did. Heh.
[SPQR]Conduit

Conduit
[SPQR] Member

Postby Space101 » Wed May 16, 2012 10:21 pm

That's why I usually build a outpost/base right infront of my main base, cuz the AI usually just goes straight for ya so it's easier to nuke em all then move in with ground forces and the rest out.
======================= Edit: ^Reason why you dont make posts 3 am. ._.
Last edited by Space101 on Thu May 17, 2012 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'M GAY
Space101

Postby Conduit » Thu May 17, 2012 12:02 am

I just build everything as far away possible from the main portion of the city.
The AI likes to nuke the city centre, only.
[SPQR]Conduit

Conduit
[SPQR] Member

Postby Space101 » Thu May 17, 2012 11:10 am

Btw do you have some kind of torrent link for the games, I cant find em in Gamestop. :(
I'M GAY
Space101

Postby Conduit » Thu May 17, 2012 11:24 am

I don't.
I got mine from Walmart.
[SPQR]Conduit

Conduit
[SPQR] Member

Postby Space101 » Thu May 17, 2012 11:29 am

Guess I'm stuck playing the 300mb demo of the second(or third) RoN. :(
I'M GAY
Space101

Postby Varun » Thu May 17, 2012 11:52 am

I started off playing that version. Saw it one time in a shop, never looked back. LOL, Walmart.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby Conduit » Fri May 18, 2012 12:54 am

walwarts got massswagggg
[SPQR]Conduit

Conduit
[SPQR] Member

Postby Putin » Fri May 18, 2012 1:16 am

Got it , Play it , Love it .
AoS The worst game with the greatest potential .
Putin

Return to Gaming