Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

AoS Headline News Recap - Issue #3

Find all the rules, updates and events in here!

Re: AoS Headline News Recap - Issue #3

Postby Qw3rtz » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:28 pm

Or it's going to be faster, cause of OpenGL.
Meow, i smell bullets :3
Qw3rtz

Postby SICKfudge » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:57 pm

Like all of it apart from the grenade launcher (unless they've ballenced it really well, supose we will have to wait and see)
IGN: SICKfudge
My avatar is Mr. Squirrel Mc Squirrelton [RIP]
ADVERTISMENT:
SICKfudge

Postby dslbis » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:30 pm

one things for sure they'll nerf the rocket laucher to 30-50 damage splash damage and 40-60 on direct hit
|^Take a look at our clan : Freedom Fighters!|
|^Take a look at my modifications!|
IGN : [FF]Lt.Sagrata
Retired AoS Player
dslbis
[FF] Member

Postby PVD97 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi! I am new on the forum(so, I don't know if here is the right place to write it...) and I speak a foreing language(Brazilian Portuguese, and sorry if I have a bad english). I was thinking about 4 things to add in the game:

1- GP and XP. The GP can buy better weapons and the XP would be for the skills. How more XP the player have on a skill, s/he can buy advanced weapons...(like Combat Arms...)
2- Engineer Class: This is represented by a hammer, and he can just do melee atacks and build Sentry Turrets and automobiles vehicles, how more XP the player have on this skill he can buy a new hammer(an "advanced" hammer... and of course he needs GP too...) that contruct a more powerful Sentry Turret.
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg4/scal ... es=landing
3- Translations. :D
4- A tank or a car... A automobile vehicle! Like this one:
http://minecraftworld.files.wordpress.c ... hicles.png

TKS FOR READING AND SORRY IF IT WAS CONFUSE! :D
PVD97

Postby sportsfan2 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:03 pm

O_o got mentioned

And I can't wait for the RPG since I will be blasting noobs :D
sportsfan2

Postby LASTofS » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:00 pm

PVD97 wrote:Hi! I am new on the forum(so, I don't know if here is the right place to write it...) and I speak a foreing language(Brazilian Portuguese, and sorry if I have a bad english). I was thinking about 4 things to add in the game:

1- GP and XP. The GP can buy better weapons and the XP would be for the skills. How more XP the player have on a skill, s/he can buy advanced weapons...(like Combat Arms...)
2- Engineer Class: This is represented by a hammer, and he can just do melee atacks and build Sentry Turrets and automobiles vehicles, how more XP the player have on this skill he can buy a new hammer(an "advanced" hammer... and of course he needs GP too...) that contruct a more powerful Sentry Turret.
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg4/scal ... es=landing
3- Translations. :D
4- A tank or a car... A automobile vehicle! Like this one:
http://minecraftworld.files.wordpress.c ... hicles.png

TKS FOR READING AND SORRY IF IT WAS CONFUSE! :D

Welcome to the forums, dude! Interesting suggestions.
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby TheVirgo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:02 am

On April 25th, Ben posted:

Ben Askoy wrote:Finished work on the last Ace of Spades you'll ever need to download \o/ (it's an autoupdater/launcher if you want to be boring about it)

Today is June 13th. Where is my new update if you were finished doing work on it? :-p
TheVirgo
Komrade Member

Location: Somewhere on the battlefields of Minit in the land of AceoSpadia

Postby TheVirgo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:14 am

PVD97 wrote:1- GP and XP. The GP can buy better weapons and the XP would be for the skills. How more XP the player have on a skill, s/he can buy advanced weapons...(like Combat Arms...)

No. Please no. This is the worst thing you could do, as it would completely unbalance the game. As it is, 4 of us Komrades can decimate an entire team of regular players. Now you want to give us Weapon Upgrades? Why not just call the game "Ace of Komrades" or "Ace of Mikuli".

PVD97 wrote:2- Engineer Class: This is represented by a hammer, and he can just do melee atacks and build Sentry Turrets and automobiles vehicles, how more XP the player have on this skill he can buy a new hammer(an "advanced" hammer... and of course he needs GP too...) that contruct a more powerful Sentry Turret.

This is almost a good idea. If you got rid of the sentries and XP bonuses, this would be a great class for those who build. He could have 100 blocks instead of 50 and perhaps a way to reinforce certain blocks, to help hold off against attacks. I would have loved to have been able to do that on the Gen Wars server when I was building Fort Virgo.

PVD97 wrote:3- Translations. :D

A good idea.

PVD97 wrote:4- A tank or a car... A automobile vehicle!

Ben himself has said that land vehicles are impossible to do, due to the voxels. There has been rumors of helicopters, though, which I am totally against. Really, I'm against the addition of any vehicles at all. As it is, the addition of the RPG is enough to make me worried about the next update.
TheVirgo
Komrade Member

Location: Somewhere on the battlefields of Minit in the land of AceoSpadia

Postby Joepie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:47 pm

I think it would ruin the game if the RPG has more than 10 ammo and I like seeing the RPG having a slow reloading time, otherwise it would be a too strong weapon.
Joepie

Postby Sui » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:49 pm

Cant.....wait....for...this... And still in need of fast-to-shoot pistol.
Hey I just owned you,
And you are raging,
Heres my nametag,
So hunt me maybe!
Sui

Postby Trace » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:26 am

Wow really nice man.
Can't wait for the next issue.
Trace
Komrade Member

Postby LASTofS » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:20 pm

ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby MLAM » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:43 am

I don't think nerf the RPG is a good thing, because that will make the RPG an useless weapon ...
It's a RPG, it has to do the damage of a RPG (or a grenade ... but not a SMG) ...
But, if we can't run with it, if we can only carry 3 or 4 roquets, and if recharge time is 8 or 10 seconds, the RPG could be hard to use, and would preserve its firepower ...
Grieffer couldn't use it, because it wouldn't be effective for grief, if you have to wait 10 seconds between each shot, and if the crater is the same as a grenade ...

Also, I think add a second menu for the selection of weapon would be nice :
-In the first menu, you pick your main weapon (rifle, SMG, RPG ...).
-And, in the second menu, you take a secondary weapon, or a bonus (3 grenades, a handgun, ammunition crates, or health crates, a medkit, more munitions, 50 extra blocks for builders ... and why not C4 ...).
Like that, people can try many different combinations, and develop their own strategies.

P.S: sorry for my bad English :x
MLAM

Postby LASTofS » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:33 pm

MLAM wrote:I don't think nerf the RPG is a good thing, because that will make the RPG an useless weapon ...
It's a RPG, it has to do the damage of a RPG (or a grenade ... but not a SMG) ...
But, if we can't run with it, if we can only carry 3 or 4 roquets, and if recharge time is 8 or 10 seconds, the RPG could be hard to use, and would preserve its firepower ...
Grieffer couldn't use it, because it wouldn't be effective for grief, if you have to wait 10 seconds between each shot, and if the crater is the same as a grenade ...

<snip>

P.S: sorry for my bad English :x

Hey, welcome to the forums! I don't think "nerfing" the RPG is a good thing either, everything has its limit. On the other hand, if something was done for the shotgun it would make it more useful on the battlefield.

Your English is fine! :P
ImageImageImage
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby inazumaeleven24 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:35 pm

THE GRENADE LAAUNCHER WILL BE AWESOME!!! :D but im only worried that if the grenade launcher will be a help for griefing, i hope it doesn't :(
inazumaeleven24
{AGAN} Member

PreviousNext

Return to Official