Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Ace of Spades on Mac!

Find all the rules, updates and events in here!

Re: Ace of Spades on Mac!

Postby Addy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:39 am

I'm having full screen issues, when I tern on full screen and start AoS up, the screen is almost all white except a strip of normal that moves up and down, I'm using Mac OS Mountain Lion, just ask if you need anymore information.
Addy

Postby TannertheJay » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:31 pm

I just downloaded it, but when I opened the .zip file had nothing in it... Any idea what's happening?
TannertheJay

Postby larze123 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:55 am

For me, i just downloaded the mac version, and when i open it up, it says that it couldn't connect to host, and then it closes. could this be an issue with the game, or the servers?
larze123

Postby dudeman7557 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:30 am

First off, Id like to say thanks for making it playable on the mac! (for some...)

Anyways,I downloaded the package, opened/unzipped it, and I got the AoS icon on my desktop. So, I open that, and it tells me that I do not have gecko for Wine, and it can auto install it for me. I Click "Install", it starts downloading. Every time, it starts downloading but then gives me a popup saying "connection to server lost". If I try to open the app again, same thing.

Anything that I am doing wrong?/What else do I need to do to start playing the game?
dudeman7557

Postby scott424 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:16 am

thank you soooo much for this :D
scott424

Postby BLACKJUICE » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:10 am

when i start ace of spades it takes a couple seconds then says "server connection failed" what do i need to do? plz help :(
BLACKJUICE

Postby mdoan82 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:17 pm

Thank you for the Mac version, this game is super fun. One question, when a new update comes out will us Mac folk have to download a new client or will it update on the one you provided automatically?
mdoan82

Postby EdwardR » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:58 pm

BLACKJUICE wrote:when i start ace of spades it takes a couple seconds then says "server connection failed" what do i need to do? plz help :(

Read the first post please. :)
mdoan82 wrote:Thank you for the Mac version, this game is super fun. One question, when a new update comes out will us Mac folk have to download a new client or will it update on the one you provided automatically?

A new client. :)
EdwardR

Postby EdwardR » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:01 pm

Addy wrote:I'm having full screen issues, when I tern on full screen and start AoS up, the screen is almost all white except a strip of normal that moves up and down, I'm using Mac OS Mountain Lion, just ask if you need anymore information.

Weird. It may get fixed in the next release. Probadly because 10.8 is REALLY new.
TannertheJay wrote:I just downloaded it, but when I opened the .zip file had nothing in it... Any idea what's happening?

There should be the Ace of Spades.app, redownload?
larze123 wrote:For me, i just downloaded the mac version, and when i open it up, it says that it couldn't connect to host, and then it closes. could this be an issue with the game, or the servers?

I'm not sure. Should be a server thing, I guess.
dudeman7557 wrote:First off, Id like to say thanks for making it playable on the mac! (for some...)

Anyways,I downloaded the package, opened/unzipped it, and I got the AoS icon on my desktop. So, I open that, and it tells me that I do not have gecko for Wine, and it can auto install it for me. I Click "Install", it starts downloading. Every time, it starts downloading but then gives me a popup saying "connection to server lost". If I try to open the app again, same thing.

Anything that I am doing wrong?/What else do I need to do to start playing the game?

Well did you read how to connect to a server in the first post? Also, gecko Should've been preinstalled in the .app file.
scott424 wrote:thank you soooo much for this :D

Good to see that you're happy :D
EdwardR

Postby PvPDoctor » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:51 am

It won't let me open the actual program but everything else seems fine if you can help me I would be very grateful :)

(PWEEEEZ HELPS ME)
PvPDoctor

Postby sigmonstar » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:53 am

Excuse me but i am slightly confused what dose the tutorial on how to conect to a server mean by "server numbers"?
sigmonstar

Postby EdwardR » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:09 pm

PvPDoctor wrote:It won't let me open the actual program but everything else seems fine if you can help me I would be very grateful :)

(PWEEEEZ HELPS ME)

OS X version?
BTW YOU HAVE THE 101 first post! You are a lucky man ;)
sigmonstar wrote:Excuse me but i am slightly confused what dose the tutorial on how to conect to a server mean by "server numbers"?

the numbers after the aos://
EdwardR

Postby JCshadownight » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:20 pm

Every time I open it up it says "Server Connection Failed" Can you tell me how to fix this please?
Cheers :3
JCshadownight

Postby megaprime13 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:25 pm

the only thing that is stopping me from being the best player ever is the mouse lag. >.< fix?
megaprime13

Postby sheep81 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:32 pm

I'm having the same trouble as other people are when I open the game.
sheep81

PreviousNext

Return to Official