Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Not shutting down, business as normal.

Find all the rules, updates and events in here!

Not shutting down, business as normal.

Postby TheGrandmaster » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:56 am

If you hadn't seen bcoolface's latest tweet (last night):
...Also I'll look at upgrading the forum software for you guys

So today is likely to be the biggest day ever in AoS forum history :D

I outlined to bcoolface the basics of what this place does, and he seems happy to have it integrated when phpbb is setup on the main website.
What does it mean for ClanBase?
It shall be eventually locked. So soon, I know.

There'll be no transferral of users or much in the way of thread transferral, it's much easier to start afresh.
For clan leaders: I apologise that it's been so quick and that you'll have to copy-paste your topic-starters into the new sections, but once they're on the main forum, they should stay there!

We'll endeavour to re-create your sections and the permissions setup we have here, then as you join we'll add you to the groups etc.
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Re: Not shutting down, business as normal.

Postby TheGrandmaster » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:49 pm

[21:44] <@bcoolface> lol i looked at phpbb closer - its slow and bloated for the resources i have - ill need to offload that to a different server when i have the funds
[21:46] <@bcoolface> i can upgrade to the latest bbpress plugin and let admins pick and choose which plugins give the most flexibility for now

It's not happening.. as you were.
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Return to Official