Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

AoS Headline News Recap - Issue #4

Find all the rules, updates and events in here!

Re: AoS Headline News Recap - Issue #4

Postby LinktersHD » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:35 pm

LastofS:
Nice newsletter.
Check the server logs. And search. mat^2. He gave out a massive chunk on upcoming updates. Just look at it
Nuketown map is out!:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=11021]

LinktersHD

Postby LASTofS » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:11 am

LinktersHD wrote:LastofS:
Nice newsletter.
Check the server logs. And search. mat^2. He gave out a massive chunk on upcoming updates. Just look at it

What server logs?
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby LinktersHD » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:02 am

Chat logs on Minit I meant
Nuketown map is out!:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=11021]

LinktersHD

Postby ZaPhobos » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:35 am

I love the smell of fresh printed threads...

Awesome information that's up to date like always. Turrets will be a welcome addition, and the grenade tutorial featured here was a great idea to put here.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Postby EssigGurkenFred » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:22 pm

It would be a cool invetion if you could do a grafic below the rules grafic on top of every topic which links you to the newest newsletter everytime.
EssigGurkenFred

Postby Defaulter » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:44 pm

Don't mean to nitpick, it's a good enough newsletter. But this should be in the news section...where the other one's are.

On topic, the turrets look great, I can't wait for more info on them :D
Defaulter
Bastion Warden

Postby TheGrandmaster » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:16 pm

Yeah, some weird permissions going on there. I couldn't even move it in here on first attempt.
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby Knox » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:15 pm

Very nice newsletter! Sums up the coolest things in one place. Keep up the good work! :)
Click here for my Mods * Click to join Born 2 Kill

Serj Tankian wrote:...you have to create a fire in your own back yard before infecting the world...
Knox

Postby LASTofS » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:31 pm

TheGrandmaster wrote:Yeah, some weird permissions going on there. I couldn't even move it in here on first attempt.

¯\(°_o)/¯

Doc/Booyo couldn't move it either.

Defaulter wrote:Don't mean to nitpick, it's a good enough newsletter. But this should be in the news section...where the other one's are.

On topic, the turrets look great, I can't wait for more info on them :D

Unfortunately the News board isn't open to the public; meaning I can't post in there directly..

EDIT:
Did the permissions change again? I've noticed the new topic button now..
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby TheGrandmaster » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:35 pm

As said, the permissions were mucked up so I changed them. The forums are due a shuffle later on this week so we'll see about how things will be organised from then.
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby TheVirgo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:48 pm

Sigh ... RPGs, Helicopters, MGs ...

I mean, the deployable MG is pointless. You know why? Snipers. I can make a headshot on a moving player at fog distance. How much of a challenge killing a player standing still will be? Here's a hint: Not much.

To be honest, I'm not really sure I will want to spend my $10 on AoS now. I mean, I will, just in case ... but I'm really starting to wonder much longer I will be playing this game. And that's sad ... :-(
TheVirgo
Komrade Member

Location: Somewhere on the battlefields of Minit in the land of AceoSpadia

Postby ChaosTLW » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:27 pm

TheVirgo wrote:Sigh ... RPGs, Helicopters, MGs ...

I mean, the deployable MG is pointless. You know why? Snipers. I can make a headshot on a moving player at fog distance. How much of a challenge killing a player standing still will be? Here's a hint: Not much.

To be honest, I'm not really sure I will want to spend my $10 on AoS now. I mean, I will, just in case ... but I'm really starting to wonder much longer I will be playing this game. And that's sad ... :-(

Well, of course you wont deploy it in the open, you silly. You'll want to have a small "corridor" in front of you, where the enemy can't hit you easily.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Flamethrower » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:43 pm

WHAT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THE GAME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
WOW.

Flamethrower

Postby TheVirgo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:24 am

ChaosTLW wrote:Well, of course you wont deploy it in the open, you silly. You'll want to have a small "corridor" in front of you, where the enemy can't hit you easily.

Name me a map that has small corridor where that could be deployed. Now tell me how long it will be there before someone griefs it. I rest my case. I mean, think of the most played or, at least, more popular and well-known maps. The Gen maps. Anticbridge. Normandie. Goon Assault. Island. Mesa. These are all pretty much wide-open maps. And the maps that it could work on, like Capitol, are ever rarely played. And EVEN if you build a bunker INSIDE a building, one grenade, well-placed airstrike or ... *shudder* RPG round and you're kaput. Because Ace of Spades is a game where standing still equals death. Any pro or semi-pro will agree with me.

Think about it.

Flamethrower wrote:WHAT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THE GAME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
WOW.

Well, dude, they are spending a lot of time breaking, I mean, updating the game. For free. They are doing all that for absolutely 0 compensation. Is it wrong to support them with 10 measly dollars?

If 10 dollars really breaks the deal for you, then you need to just move on elsewhere, cheapskate. :-P
TheVirgo
Komrade Member

Location: Somewhere on the battlefields of Minit in the land of AceoSpadia

Postby ChaosTLW » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:40 am

TheVirgo wrote:
ChaosTLW wrote:Well, of course you wont deploy it in the open, you silly. You'll want to have a small "corridor" in front of you, where the enemy can't hit you easily.

Name me a map that has small corridor where that could be deployed. Now tell me how long it will be there before someone griefs it. I rest my case. I mean, think of the most played or, at least, more popular and well-known maps. The Gen maps. Anticbridge. Normandie. Goon Assault. Island. Mesa. These are all pretty much wide-open maps. And the maps that it could work on, like Capitol, are ever rarely played. And EVEN if you build a bunker INSIDE a building, one grenade, well-placed airstrike or ... *shudder* RPG round and you're kaput. Because Ace of Spades is a game where standing still equals death. Any pro or semi-pro will agree with me.

Think about it.

Flamethrower wrote:WHAT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THE GAME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
WOW.

Well, dude, they are spending a lot of time breaking, I mean, updating the game. For free. They are doing all that for absolutely 0 compensation. Is it wrong to support them with 10 measly dollars?

If 10 dollars really breaks the deal for you, then you need to just move on elsewhere, cheapskate. :-P

I did not meant a literal corridor that is, like, 30 blocks long. What I meant is a space where you can easily see anyone who can shoot you. Some other day I've made a small bunker in a Gen map and started to use SMG as if it was a mounted turret, and it was actually quite easy to kill snipers.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

PreviousNext

Return to Official