Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

New IRC!

Created over half a year ago, Delta Force is a fun, community-oriented and mature clan built towards Ace of Spades in all of its aspects, whether it be chilling with clan-mates or owning it up on the battlefield. We are directed by FaZe and Trollolz; two leaders with vision, and the ability to take into account the opinions of everyone in order to improve the clan in any way possible. Our new & improved policies no longer focus so much on being good at the game, but rather the social experiences of being with a group of friends that you can rely on and have fun with.

New IRC!

Postby FaZe » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:50 pm

If you haven't noticed, Carnage has kindly created for us a new IRC with authentification and bots. The link can be found on the main page of our subsection, or you can visit webchat.quakenet.org > type in #[DELTA] as the channel name. Another option is to visit this link for a direct connect.

To all [DELTA] members: Be sure to hop on and talk with us! It's a lot more efficient than using a forum General Chat.
FaZe
[DELTA] Leader

Re: New IRC!

Postby FaZe » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:30 pm

Bumping this old, edited topic so that it'll show up in "New Posts" and "Unread Posts."

(pls no ban)
FaZe
[DELTA] Leader

Postby Carnage » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:32 pm

And still, we experience 0 [DELTA] members in the IRC channel. The only one who is sometimes on is Raven, who is a newer member. I'd expect the veteran members of [DELTA] (or the ones close to that) would be hanging out in the IRC channel a lot more than new ones.

Carnage
[SPQR] Member

Postby TheDeathShot » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:16 am

I have been, no one is ever there

IGN:[DELTA]Immortal
TheDeathShot
[DELTA] Member

Postby Carnage » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:17 am

I remember one time when you had joined and there was a few people on there. If I'm not in there, I'm doing something important irl.

Carnage
[SPQR] Member

Postby BigxJimmy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:08 pm

When I get on Aloha's, i get on [DELTA]s so if I'm not in, check Aloha's, and if I'm there yell at me. :p
IGN: [DELTA]Big Jim
Clan: [DELTA]
Favorite servers: Aloha LTS, Aloha CounterStrike, pretty much everything Aloha
BigxJimmy
[DELTA] Member

Location: Just beyond Sniper Range, But close enough to call artillery on you

The IRC issue

Postby TheDeathShot » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:57 am

Now this has been a huge problem within the Delta realm, at least for me. We have the general chat, which is pretty much a forum to talk in, much like the IRC channel is. But it's very strange nearly half of our members at least post once a day, but are never in IRC chat.

This leads me to believe people rather up their posts than go into our own chat. Which makes the clan look very bad in other's eyes. Look at other good clan's, they use the IRC alot, And I know this clan is just as good as them.

We like to call our self the most active clan on the AoS forums, but the honest truth is that other clans use IRC more so they don't need to have as many posts as we do. That's why we are so "active".

I see every single day there are conversations in general chat, so why don't you bring that to IRC? I go back to the want to get there forum posts up, this angers me. When I see only like 2, including myself, in IRC.

I know I am not alone, I have spoke to Carnage and he feels the same as me. This is why I am requesting opinion's and problems with this. Or even support, such as additions.

Thank you for reading this, and I hope this problem can be solved.

(I know this is a bit short, but It's just a starter for conversation)

TheDeathShot
[DELTA] Member

Re: The IRC issue

Postby Echo » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:09 am

I agree. I visit it every once in a while, but no one's on so I leave. I thought it would be brewing with activity when I first joined.
Echo
[DELTA] Member

Postby NIASKA » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:05 pm

I leave and come.
NIASKA
[DELTA] Member

Postby FaZe » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Yeah, there's a lot of room for improvement. But it's definitely better than before, when the IRC was a ghost town and our General Chat had 300 pages. There's a bunch of us on now, but that might be because someone just made a thread about it.
FaZe
[DELTA] Leader

Postby TheDeathShot » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:42 pm

Yeah, hopefully it will stay this way,

(what am I saying, it wont -___-)

TheDeathShot
[DELTA] Member

Postby FaZe » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:56 pm

I'm going to merge all of these into one topic
FaZe
[DELTA] Leader

Postby ZaPhobos » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:32 pm

I come, I see only komrades in there (except when I saw howdy ONE TIME), then I leave since nobody's there...

It's a shame really, that it doesn't get much use.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Postby Stranger » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:55 pm

If you're having problems with an unpopulated IRC channel, than make it a rule that you have to be active in the IRC as well as the forums. Most over clans do this, and it means new members/applicants can talk to members and get to know each over much quicker.
Image Image
http://mrdoob.com/projects/chromeexperiments/google_gravity/ Try this out and you get magic powers!

God damn school work!
Stranger
Bastion Member

Postby Sparrow137 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:28 pm

Yeah, I get on everyday, and barely see any members on.:/
Sparrow137
[DELTA] Member

Next

Return to [DELTA]