Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Mods should delete/edit posts that were given a warning

Got an idea for this forum? Discuss it here.

Mods should delete/edit posts that were given a warning

Postby Paratrooper » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:23 am

All I'm seeing are "User warned for breaking rule x", but the message isn't deleted. There's little or no point in moderating if the offensive content is still there. Sure, you punished the rule breaker, but we still see his hate-ridden post.

Mods should remove offending posts, or at least edit the bad content out of it.

EDIT: Of all the searches I've done, BOOYO is one of the only mods to actually take the bad content out of posts.

Some examples that should be avoided:

http://imgur.com/a/bnAGL

The spam is still there.
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
User avatar
Paratrooper
Local Mod
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:40 am
Location: California (-8:00 GMT)

Re: Mods should delete/edit posts that were given a warning

Postby USABxBOOYO » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Paratrooper wrote:All I'm seeing are "User warned for breaking rule x", but the message isn't deleted. There's little or no point in moderating if the offensive content is still there. Sure, you punished the rule breaker, but we still see his hate-ridden post.

Mods should remove offending posts, or at least edit the bad content out of it.

EDIT: Of all the searches I've done, BOOYO is one of the only mods to actually take the bad content out of posts.

Some examples that should be avoided:

http://imgur.com/a/bnAGL

The spam is still there.


I think they leave it there as a "You do this, you get warned" kind of thing. You know, like making an example out of someone.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 2197
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:38 pm
Location: New York, U.S.

Re: Mods should delete/edit posts that were given a warning

Postby Varun » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:19 pm

That's exactly how I learn what not to do. Having been warned for a number of simple, and usually off topic misdemeanors, I try to learn. From other people's mistakes.
User avatar
Varun
{RS} Leader
 
Posts: 2472
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:46 am
Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Re: Mods should delete/edit posts that were given a warning

Postby Paratrooper » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:23 pm

Well couldn't you just say the reason on why he/she was warned in the post? If this method of "teaching" is used on spam post, the spam post is still there. Moderation didn't do anything to rid the forum of offensive content.
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
User avatar
Paratrooper
Local Mod
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:40 am
Location: California (-8:00 GMT)

Re: Mods should delete/edit posts that were given a warning

Postby USABxSLAYER » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:14 pm

I have noticed some racial or degrading posts that I felt should have at the very least been altered by the mods.
Image
Image
Image
^Best Game Ever^
User avatar
USABxSLAYER
[USAB] Leader
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:53 pm

Re: Mods should delete/edit posts that were given a warning

Postby USABxBOOYO » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:20 pm

I've taken to replacing some none-too-nice words with canine-related things XD
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 2197
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:38 pm
Location: New York, U.S.

Re: Mods should delete/edit posts that were given a warning

Postby USABxSLAYER » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:25 pm

USABxBOOYO wrote:I've taken to replacing some none-too-nice words with canine-related things XD


Whenever I think wolf I think lupine which leads to Lupus which leads to that House scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpkzhvZ_CFM . Anyway that's much better and funny too.
Image
Image
Image
^Best Game Ever^
User avatar
USABxSLAYER
[USAB] Leader
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:53 pm

Re: Mods should delete/edit posts that were given a warning

Postby Oshawott » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:49 pm

I love this idea!
1+
Image
Image
Image
http://ansiart.com/ the most awesome game!
User avatar
Oshawott
Member
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Mods should delete/edit posts that were given a warning

Postby HoboHob » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:53 pm

Moderators should remove offensive content.

But removing a post because it's off topic? The mod could be doing better things.
Image
User avatar
HoboHob
Member
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:32 am

Re: Mods should delete/edit posts that were given a warning

Postby USABxBOOYO » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:28 pm

HoboHob wrote:Moderators should remove offensive content.

But removing a post because it's off topic? The mod could be doing better things.

But then the forums become a spam fest.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 2197
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:38 pm
Location: New York, U.S.

Re: Mods should delete/edit posts that were given a warning

Postby HoboHob » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:56 pm

USABxBOOYO wrote:
HoboHob wrote:Moderators should remove offensive content.

But removing a post because it's off topic? The mod could be doing better things.

But then the forums become a spam fest.

That's why you just hand out a warning and move on :)
Image
User avatar
HoboHob
Member
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:32 am


Return to Forum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron