Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Global Reports

Got an idea for this forum? Discuss it here.

Allow Warnings to be Issued by Any/Every Mod?

Yes!
83%
No.
17%

Total votes : 6

Global Reports

Postby TheGeekZeke101 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:57 pm

As of now, whenever you make a warning to a post/thread in a certain section, the only moderators that can see it are the sectional moderators. With the site and global admins being busy, it's hard for warnings to be heard, not to mention issued.

So, this means, for example, If I were to make a warning in the Ace of Spades section, USABxBOOYO, being the only person active, couldn't do anything about it. So it could take a while for a warning to be issued! A bummer, right?

I believe all moderators, sectional or not, should be able to see all the warnings made from every section.
Last edited by TheGeekZeke101 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retired Member Missing In Action As Of 7/26/12
TheGeekZeke101

Re: Global Warnings

Postby Defaulter » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:00 am

I was yelling at them in aos.forums about this yesterday, they just gave me ":I" faces.
Defaulter
Bastion Warden

Postby Doctor » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:00 am

You have described global moderators. Local mods are set to take care of an specific board due to it's activity and or need to be moderated whilist the global mods deal with the whole forum in general.

Local mods are local for a reason, each mod should handle their board only in my honest opinion. Since mods tend to act differently towards different situations.

Defaulter wrote:I was yelling at them in aos.forums about this yesterday, they just gave me ":I" faces.

There is a report button. Use it and be patient, unless it is something as serious as CP it can wait.
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Postby TheGeekZeke101 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:03 am

Doctor wrote:You have described global moderators. Local mods are set to take care of an specific board due to it's activity and or need to be moderated whilist the global mods deal with the whole forum in general.

Local mods are local for a reason, each mod should handle their board only in my honest opinion. Since mods tend to act differently towards different situations.

*Spaces out*

Anyways, good point. I think the Offtopic Section and Mod Section could be of exceptions for what your saying, but overall, I think this would be nice.

Retired Member Missing In Action As Of 7/26/12
TheGeekZeke101

Postby G33KSaraH » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:05 am

Ehhh why not?
G33KSaraH

Postby USABxBOOYO » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:07 am

Warnings are a global ability. I can warn anywhere. In fact, the reason why I have Moderator privileges outside of Off-Topic and USAB is because warnings and global moderation privileges are tied together and the administrators needed us to be able to warn. This has worked fine, so this has not been revoked.

What you are referring to are reports, and no, I can't see reports outside of USAB and Off-Topic, although it would be nice if I could. However, that's for the admins to decide, and I think they've decided no for the time being.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Return to Forum