Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Forum rules confusion

Got an idea for this forum? Discuss it here.

Forum rules confusion

Postby FaZe » Mon May 28, 2012 10:40 pm

Rule 3g states to only post once in a row. Rule 3i states that you can "bump" a thread if new content is added. Which rule do I follow?
FaZe
[DELTA] Leader

Re: Forum rules confusion

Postby ChaosTLW » Mon May 28, 2012 10:42 pm

Copy the content of your old post.
Delete old post.
Paste the content of the old post onto a new post, and then add the information you want
???
PROFIT
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Tue May 29, 2012 1:24 am

wouldn't that delete the thread?
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby ChaosTLW » Tue May 29, 2012 1:26 am

ThisFrickinSite wrote:wouldn't that delete the thread?

No, it only deletes YOUR last post, so you can bump the thread without double posting.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby TheGrandmaster » Tue May 29, 2012 7:46 am

Me personally, I don't mind seeing a bump (regardless of other things) if the conversation isn't dead and there's still things to say. I'd prefer to see a bump/double post rather than a decent topic dying from inactivity.
Just make sure that the content of the bump is decent and the topic is worth being bumped. The worse thing is when the topic is useless and people bump it just because they made it.
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Return to Forum