Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Clan Announcements

Got an idea for this forum? Discuss it here.

Clan Announcements

Postby USABxSLAYER » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:51 am

I know Announcement privileges have been taken away from clan leaders because some have posted Global Announcements, but is there a way to give us just the regular announcement back? I find our page getting full of stickies because of the fact I can no longer post an announcement. Just curious is all. Thanks guys.
^Best Game Ever^
USABxSLAYER
[USAB] Leader

Re: Clan Announcements

Postby USABxBOOYO » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:11 am

Well, USAB doesn't have this problem because I can just post an announcement in Off-Topic and move it, so i you need anything just ask me, Slayer. Now, the reason why the board admins removed the privilege of making Annoucements from the Clan Leaders is because people were posting Global Announcements, as you said. Unfortunately, phpbb has limitations and the privilege for posting Announcements and Global Announcements is the same, they can not be separated. I've asked mikuli about this and that was what he said. So unfortunately if you want your clan to have an Announcement, you'll have to either make do with what you have or ask someone who is a forum Moderator, Global Moderator, or Site Admin, in which case that might take a while if they're not in your clan.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby USABxSLAYER » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:41 am

USABxBOOYO wrote:Well, USAB doesn't have this problem because I can just post an announcement in Off-Topic and move it, so i you need anything just ask me, Slayer. Now, the reason why the board admins removed the privilege of making Annoucements from the Clan Leaders is because people were posting Global Announcements, as you said. Unfortunately, phpbb has limitations and the privilege for postin Announcemets and Global Announcements is the same, they can not be separated. I've asked mikuli about this and that was what he said. So unfortunately if you want your clan to have an Announcement, you'll have to either make do with what you have or ask someone who is a forum Moderator, Global Moderator, or Site Admin, in which case that might take a while if they're not in your clan.

I was speaking on behalf of the other clans too but thanks for clearing that up.
^Best Game Ever^
USABxSLAYER
[USAB] Leader

Postby Varun » Wed May 02, 2012 7:51 am

USABxSLAYER wrote:I know Announcement privileges have been taken away from clan leaders because some have posted Global Announcements, but is there a way to give us just the regular announcement back? I find our page getting full of stickies because of the fact I can no longer post an announcement. Just curious is all. Thanks guys.

Ahhhh,so thats what happened. I thought maybe I had done something wrong and got punished for it. *sigh* I can understand why this has been implemented, although it makes it difficult, for I have the same problem as Slayer. Still, its for the best, I guess.

BOOYO, would you mind if we asked you to make some of our topics announcements? If you do mind, then don't worry, I can find someone else.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby TheGrandmaster » Wed May 02, 2012 7:56 am

You do not need announcements.. You have stickies.
If you feel you have 'too many stickies', then perhaps some should be unstickied. That, or apply for a subsection for 'general clan chat' and leave the root section for important stuff - just move posts back and forth depending on importance (or do it the other way around and apply for a news section).
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Return to Forum