Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

A thread for admin applying

Got an idea for this forum? Discuss it here.

A thread for admin applying

Postby greace » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:06 pm

What about a thread with different clan sections?
You(clan leaders) will make a section there people can apply to be an admin to your clan server.
This will make it easier for people to apply for admin.
When you make a section you will have to also put in rules into it.
But the whole thread will also have it's rules.
Comments?
If you do not look behind yourself, I will secretly steal your cheese.
A man who once did this, ended up being a cheese cake.
(This sig had more awesomeness before it was gone)
greace

Re: A thread for admin applying

Postby topologist » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:31 pm

I'm going to assume that by thread you meant subforum here, so forgive me if I'm wrong because the alternative is already very easily possible. Having a subforum specifically for applications for the position of server administrator would be a waste. Not all clans have a server, not all clans with servers want people they don't know administrating their server(s) and this is easily and more efficiently done with a single thread if the clan has a server and actually wants to take applications for an administrative position (here "thread" is used in the conventional meaning, i.e. where both of these posts are).
REDACTED
topologist
[SPQR] Member

Postby greace » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:58 pm

topologist wrote:I'm going to assume that by thread you meant subforum here, so forgive me if I'm wrong because the alternative is already very easily possible. Having a subforum specifically for applications for the position of server administrator would be a waste. Not all clans have a server, not all clans with servers want people they don't know administrating their server(s) and this is easily and more efficiently done with a single thread if the clan has a server and actually wants to take applications for an administrative position (here "thread" is used in the conventional meaning, i.e. where both of these posts are).

I can asure you that this will make it easier to apply to server who "wants" more admins.
This is not a question of that people "need" to make section.
I am just pointing out that the ease to find something on this forum like an admin applying topic is very low.
greace

Postby topologist » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:17 pm

It's about as easy as finding anything else on the forum. If people want more admins they already have the option to make a thread/announcement/whatever in their own particular board, which is pretty visible already. It also provides a less cluttered way of grouping all the applications together and a way to make quick comparisons between them. Anyone who actually wants to help administer a server will, I'm sure, search a little for the relevant topic. LDR has received about 15 applications of generally acceptable quality (even if most of them didn't read the requirements fully) so I'd say just having a topic works fairly well.
REDACTED
topologist
[SPQR] Member

Postby greace » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:41 pm

topologist wrote:It's about as easy as finding anything else on the forum. If people want more admins they already have the option to make a thread/announcement/whatever in their own particular board, which is pretty visible already. It also provides a less cluttered way of grouping all the applications together and a way to make quick comparisons between them. Anyone who actually wants to help administer a server will, I'm sure, search a little for the relevant topic. LDR has received about 15 applications of generally acceptable quality (even if most of them didn't read the requirements fully) so I'd say just having a topic works fairly well.

Seems pretty true.
Though:
1. People may not use the search button.
2.This can make it more "visible" to say.
greace

Postby beastydool1 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:45 am

I like the idea :P
"What am I trying to accomplish, you ask...? I want to change the dress code so that all women in the military... ...must wear mini-skirts!!
beastydool1

Return to Forum