Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

The great suggestions purge

Got an idea for this forum? Discuss it here.

The great suggestions purge

Postby Fluttershy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:55 am

Quite simply, start sending threads in to admins/mods(selected specifically for this forum/role) and whatnot to be looked at before they make it onto the suggestions board. To help filter spam threads/threads of no redeeming quality(to make their jobs easier), a minimum letter count of 100 (quite lenient) must be met or otherwise itll be deleted prior to being sent in for review. Furthermore, you have to meet a minimum postcount of 10 and have been a forum member for atleast a week before suggestions can be made. This will help limit the amount of 1 post accounts making "we need more weapons" threads and said accounts from simply spamming in forum games for 10 posts and then posting it. I know the last one is harsh but I feel itll lead to a better suggestions forum in the long run, and they can still post, just not make suggestion threads.

Now, what will actually achieve threadhood? Easy, threads simply must be in depth and logically explain why it should be done as well as show that the op is capable of intelligently answering any questions concerning his topic if asked. If the thread is asking for something impossible, the group in charge of monitoring it could simply tell them that via pm. The DNSL shouldnot be strictly followed, as it stagnates the forum and forces well thought out ideas to be tagged onto the end of obscurity behind more often than naught horribly written ops with often different ideas altogether, where people are more likely to post about the OP than the idea that was used to bump it. While that sounds weird when im suggesting a less spammy forums, its only annoying and really spam when you get threads like this.

So TL:DR, make a couple people in charge of rooting out stupid threads.

Any questions? Comments? Concerns?
Fluttershy

Re: The great suggestions purge

Postby Varun » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:06 am

Support. I get quite tired of seeing people who make a forum account just to suggest something that, in all probability, has been suggested before or has no practical use. This would really increase the quality of suggestions, though you would need some pretty active people to take charge of it.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby SRL » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:25 am

I like. +1. I don't even know how many times 'we need a leveling system' or things that were obviously drawn from a largely popular FPS, not nessecarily Call of Duty, have been posted.
SRL
{AGAN} Member

Postby Fluttershy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:26 pm

Varun wrote:Support. I get quite tired of seeing people who make a forum account just to suggest something that, in all probability, has been suggested before or has no practical use. This would really increase the quality of suggestions, though you would need some pretty active people to take charge of it.

Hell, merely adding a minimum post count, 1 week min membership and min letter count would greatly help the suggestions forum, so even if we cant have the group thatll filter them, we could atleast have those 3 min requirements.

SRL wrote:I like. +1. I don't even know how many times 'we need a leveling system' or things that were obviously drawn from a largely popular FPS, not nessecarily Call of Duty, have been posted.

My suggestion isnt to stop those threads, just the horrible ones that consist of "i want this and this" and keep it from becoming an IRC with 1 sentence "i wants".
Fluttershy

Postby Priok » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:30 pm

I think the minimum requirements would be pretty good, also, maybe rename the do not suggest list, to "already suggested", or something. I think the "do not suggest" idea is kind of negative ,you have to keep things positive like energy flowing
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=3112 - my mods
Ace of Spades leader board rank: 1
Priok

Postby SICKfudge » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:12 pm

I support, it pisses me off so much seeing people with one post asking for stuff on the DNSL or whatever, I would gladly volenteer to mod this sort of thing.

I dont imagine it would be that much work, i guestimate around 5-10 suggestions are made every day, it wouldnt be too hard for one or two guys to read them through then approve/disaprove them and send back some feedback to the guy who tried posting.
IGN: SICKfudge
My avatar is Mr. Squirrel Mc Squirrelton [RIP]
ADVERTISMENT:
SICKfudge

Return to Forum