Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Stricter rules for admins

Got an idea for this forum? Discuss it here.

Stricter rules for admins

Postby pokefan548 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:18 pm

During my time on the forum, I have found that some admins (I shall not name in this post) abuse their power, or simply lock down every other topic and find invalid or out of date excuses. I suggest that all the admins get together and discuss some ideas I am proposing:

1: Add multiple admin ranks, with admins only being promoted by being referred by multiple admins and users.

2: Make it so low level admins must consult another admin before locking down a topic.

3: Have it so if a user posts something already on the DNSL, it can't be locked down if the poster expressly states in the post that it is only their opinions on how it should work, and not to be considered to be the main post.

4: Add a way for users to report admins abusing their power, or just being mean in general.

I hope you find these good countermeasures against bad admins, and implement them very soon! I have found a certain admin who is constantly power-tripping, and if an admin would like to know who, PM me (I don't want him arbitrarily locking down this topic for fear of being ratted out).
pokefan548

Re: Stricter rules for admins

Postby Carnage » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:28 pm

The admins/mods chosen on the forums have time put into their consideration, they're not just randomly chosen. If a topic doesn't respect the rules provided, that topic is locked or, in some cases, deleted. The mods and admins on the forums do not abuse their powers, but they are quite strict. :P

Carnage
[SPQR] Member

Postby pokefan548 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:57 pm

Carnage wrote:The admins/mods chosen on the forums have time put into their consideration, they're not just randomly chosen. If a topic doesn't respect the rules provided, that topic is locked or, in some cases, deleted. The mods and admins on the forums do not abuse their powers, but they are quite strict. :P

I understand that the admins can lock down topics not following the rules, I'm talking about when they lock down perfectly fine topics for no valid reason.
pokefan548

Postby Moghard » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:09 pm

Yeah, Simox shouldn't be an admin!
joke
Moghard

Location: In a dimension, where i live with other mighty Dwarves and eat lots of kaymak.

Postby Talent » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:55 pm

We have Community Feedback Form which would be a more appropriate place to voice concerns like this.
Talent
Global Moderator

Postby Drew2894 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:09 am

I completely agree with the "Original Poster" The admins warned me for telling a user that his post offends my religion. Apparently the administration has something against my religion.
Drew2894

Postby Rydogger » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:53 am

Drew2894 wrote:I completely agree with the "Original Poster" The admins warned me for telling a user that his post offends my religion. Apparently the administration has something against my religion.

They have nothing against your religion. Everyone has the right to believe in what they want to believe here. But dont tell everyone "this offends me" or "that offends my religion" if it isnt directed at you.
Stalk me via the Following.
Image Image
<MinitAssault> <eddie> I WANT SEXY TIME
<MinitAssault> eddie will never know a sexy time.
Rydogger

Location: Kayaking across the Pacific Ocean, Trying to reach the shores of Japan

Return to Forum